|Race||Cloud serpent (Beast)|
|Location||Terrace of Endless Spring|
Tsulong is the second boss in the Terrace of Endless Spring. The fight alternates between a more straightforward boss encounter during the Night, and a Valithria-type healing encounter and add fight during the Day. Tsulong himself appears as a large, onyx during the night phase, and a golden Cloud Serpent during the daytime phase.
- 1 Background
- 2 Spells and abilities
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Loot
- 5 Related Achievements
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Videos
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 External links
Legends speak of a spiraling, golden serpent that can sometimes be seen high in the sky, basking in the sunlight above the clouds. The few who claim to have observed it themselves say the creature is fiercely protective of the terrace.
Spells and abilities
Tsulong struggles at Night with the Sha's corrupting influence. Bringing Tsulong's remaining health to zero while at Night permanently destroys the Sha's influence over him. When he reaches 100 energy, he temporarily purges the Sha's influence and radiant sunlight turns Night into Day.
- Dread Shadows — The Dread Shadows created by the Sha within Tsulong inflict 30,000[note 1] Shadow damage on all players and increases their Dread Shadow damage taken by 10%. This effect stacks.
- Nightmares — The Sha within Tsulong projects Nightmares at the location of a random player. The Nightmares inflict 100,000[note 2] Shadow damage and fear players within 8 yards of the impact for 3 sec.
- Shadow Breath — Tsulong expels out Sha energy in a 30 degree cone in front of him, inflicting 200,000[note 3] Shadow damage and increasing Shadow damage taken 100% for 30 sec. This effect stacks.
- Sunbeam — Tsulong's attempts to resist the Sha allow him to protect the players from Dread Shadows. Tsulong summons a Sunbeam onto the battlefield, and Sunbeam grants immunity to Dread Shadows for players standing within the beam. The protected area of the Sunbeam shrinks over time as more players stand within it.
- The Dark of Night — The Dark of Night appears at a random location and moves towards the nearest Sunbeam. The Dark of Night extinguishes a Sunbeam upon reaching it.
During the Day, Tsulong gains the upper hand over the Sha corruption. Players may heal and aid Tsulong during the Day, and bringing him to full health while in the Day permanently destroys the Sha's influence over him. When he reaches 100 energy, the Sha corrupts his emotions and Night descends upon the Terrace.
- — Embodied Terrors spawn as the Sha fights to control Tsulong. When players destroy an Embodied Terror, five Fright Spawns burst out.
- — Five Fright Spawns appear when players destroy an Embodied Terror.
- Fright — A Fright Spawn unleashes a wave of Fright, inflicting 75,000[note 6] Shadow damage and fear on players within 30 yards for 2 sec.
- — Unstable Sha appear around Tsulong and then move towards him, inflicting massive Shadow damage to Tsulong if they reach him.
- Unstable Bolt — The Unstable Sha releases shadowy energy at a random player, inflicting 150,000[note 7] Shadow damage on the target. The Unstable Bolt also damage the Unstable Sha for 15% of its maximum health.
- Instability — If an Unstable Sha reaches Tsulong, it inflicts 5,000,000[note 8] Shadow damage on Tsulong and disappears.
- Sun Breath — Tsulong breaths out solar energy in a 60-degree cone in front of him, inflicting 1,000,000[note 9] Nature Damage to Sha within 60 yards and stunning them for 8 sec. The breath also places the Bathed in Light effect on players within its area.
- The Light of Day — The Light of Day appears at a random location. Interacting with The Light of Day restores mana every 1 sec and increases healing done by 1,500% for 6 sec. The amount of mana restored increases while the healing done decreases over the duration of the effect.
- ^ Raid Finder: 19,000, 10/25-man heroic: 45,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 65,000, 10/25-man heroic: 250,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 140,000, 10/25-man heroic: 350,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 10%, 10/25-man heroic: 50%
- ^ Raid Finder: 1%, 10/25-man heroic: 5%
- ^ Raid Finder: 50,000, 25-man: 120,000, 10-man heroic: 120,000, 25-man heroic: 220,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 95,000, 10/25-man heroic: 220,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 3,000,000, 10/25-man heroic: 10,000,000
- ^ Raid Finder: 2,000,000, 25-man: 2,000,000, 25-man heroic: 4,000,000
This fight alternates between The Night and The Day (watch his energy bar to predict the transitions). During the night you DPS Tsulong. During the day you heal him. His health flips on each transition so you are making progress toward victory in both phases.
Tanks keep Tsulong pointed away from the raid and swap off after each Shadow Breath. The tank without aggro should make sure to drop his Dread Shadow stacks in a Sunbeam. If something goes wrong and the tank swap is delayed, the current tank can run through the Sunbeam as long as the Shadow Breath just happened.
All DPS and healers should periodically run through the Sunbeam to drop stacks of Dread Shadows; simply stacking in it is inadvisable as it will shrink the longer players stay. A good time to drop stacks is right after a Nightmares spawn. The raid should also be aware of new Sunbeam spawns.
DPS should focus on Tsulong while healers heal the Dread Shadows damage. All players should avoid Nightmares (purple swirling circles with a red border) when they spawn. Players hit by it can be dispelled with a magic dispel or .
In LFR difficulty, staying in the Sunbeam is possible for the entire phase, as it will not shrink quickly enough to despawn before the next one appears. Make sure to continue avoiding Nightmares while running to a new beam every time it spawns.
Healers should stack in front of Tsulong so they can get Bathed in Light. In this phase, most of the healing should be focused towards Tsulong. Dispel Terrorize off of Tsulong as quickly as possible to minimize damage to him.
Tanks will pick up the Embodied Terror whenever it spawns and move it in front of Tsulong about 20 yards away from the healers. When the Embodied Terror dies, a pack of Fright Spawns appears, which must be killed. Positioning these adds in front of Tsulong will get them hit with Sun Breath and help damage them since most of the DPS will be focused on controlling Unstable Sha. Tremor Totems are useful to avoid the random fear casts on the raid.
DPS priority is killing Unstable Sha before they can reach Tsulong. These adds can be slowed, stunned, snared, and knocked back. If no Unstable Sha are available, help the tanks with Embodied Terror and Fright Spawn.
In non-LFR difficulty, there will be two Night and two Day phases before he transitions into a third and final Night phase and enrages.
During the Night phase, new adds called The Dark of Night will periodically spawn. They will simply fixate on the current sunbeam and extinguish it. DPS (primarily AoE and DoTs) should focus on killing these adds before they can reach the sunbeam (the adds can also be knocked back).
During the Day phase, an object called The Light of Day (which can be interacted with) will periodically spawn. When clicked, the player will be buffed with greatly increased healing and mana regeneration (contrary to the tooltip, both buffs are constant over time). Ideally, these buffs should be assigned to healers with available throughput cooldowns for maximum healing on Tsulong.
- Main article: Cache of Tsulong
- No... the waters... I must... resist... I shall not... fear...
- You do not belong here! The waters must be protected... I will cast you out, or slay you!
- Flee this place... or die!
- Overwhelming... fear!
- Day to Night
- Darkness grows...
- Day falls to night...
- Light fades...
- Night to Day
- Night... becomes day!
- The sun... shines through...
- Once more... the dawn...
- Killing a player in Night
- Die in darkness.
- The night surrounds you...
- Killing a player in Day
- Forgive me!
- Protect... the waters...
- I thank you, strangers. I have been freed.
- Heroic Tsulong (1080p) - Elemental Shaman
- Tsulong Normal - Melee POV (Rogue) - Live Servers, Live Commentary, Ventrilo, 1080p
- Tsulong (1080p) - Mage, Boss Voice, Vent
- Tsulong is voiced by Jonathan Adams, who also plays Tyrael in Diablo III.
- During his Night phase, Tsulong has the appearance of a Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, a drop from the . During his Day phase, he shares the model with the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent, a reward from Emperor Shaohao's faction.
- In the four symbols of Chinese mythology which the August Celestials are based on the Golden Dragon (黄龙, pinyin: Huánglóng) exists as a fifth symbol. It is the guardian of the Center and symbolises both the passing of days and seasons as well as earth, the last of the five elements not represented by the other Guardians. Tsulong is due to his appearance, location and game mechanics very likely to be based on Huang Long.
- His offspring, the Wild Golden Hatchlings, were hidden away before the corruption of the Sha had fully taken hold of the Terrace of Endless Spring.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.