|Uldaman loading graphic|
37 - 40
Uldaman is an old, earthen complex buried deep within the Khaz Mountains. It was partially excavated, but has since fallen into the hands of the Dark Irons, who find the place ideal to dig for earthly riches. Uldaman is one of the three known ancient Titan cities in the world, the two others being Uldum in southern Tanaris and Ulduar in the northern reaches of Northrend, located in the Storm Peaks.
Other Titan holdings include a complex beneath Bael Modan in the southern Barrens and the vault known as Terramok, deep inside Maraudon, Desolace. Uldaman itself can be found in the Badlands, west of the entrance to Loch Modan. The enemy level range is 35 to 40, and the minimum level required to enter it is 30.
From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
- Uldaman is an ancient Titan vault that has laid buried deep within the earth since the world's creation. Dwarven excavations have recently penetrated this forgotten city, releasing the Titans' first failed creations: the Troggs. Legends say that the Titans created troggs from stone. When they deemed the experiment a failure, the Titans locked the troggs away and tried again - resulting in the creation of the dwarven race. The secrets of the dwarves' creation are recorded on the fabled Discs of Norgannon - massive Titan artifacts that lie at the very bottom of the ancient city. Recently, the Dark Iron dwarves have launched a series of incursions into Uldaman, hoping to claim the discs for their fiery master, Ragnaros. However, protecting the buried city are several guardians - giant constructs of living stone that crush any hapless intruders they find. The Discs themselves are guarded by a massive, sapient Stonekeeper called Archaedas. Some rumors even suggest that the dwarves' stone-skinned ancestors, the earthen, still dwell deep within the city's hidden recesses.
Uldaman is located in the northern part of the Badlands.
|Dig One • Dig Three • Dig Two • Excavation Center • Echomok Cavern • Hall of the Crafters • Hall of the Keepers • Khaz'goroth's Seat • Map Chamber • North Common Hall • The Sealed Hall • South Common Hall • The Stone Vault • Temple Hall|
|Hall of the Keepers|
|The Stone Vault|
|Hall of the Crafters|
- Main article: Uldaman loot
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|Hero's Call Board||Any capital city|
|Warchief's Command Board||Any capital city|
|The Discs of Norgannon||Khaz'goroth's Seat, Uldaman|
- A side entrance into the dungeon, which leads into Echomok Cavern, can be found in the cave between Fuselight and the Tomb of the Watchers.
- The enchanting trainer Annora is hiding behind a rock column. To get her to come out, all of the scorpids in her room must be killed.
- As is the case with many other non-endgame instances, mobs in Uldaman have a wide level range. Similarly, the Uldaman quests are spread out over many levels as well.
- Blizzard stated at BlizzCon 2010 that they plan on splitting the dungeon in two, with the first half ending in the Ironaya encounter, and the second half beginning at the back door where the Obsidian Sentinel is located. This plan never came to fruition.
- As Archaedas fled from Ulduar with the Discs of Norgannon alongside Tyr, following the discovery of Loken's betrayal, Uldaman is not the original resting place of the Discs, and it is unknown who the original ruler of Uldaman was. It is also unknown what purpose Uldaman over all had prior to Loken's betrayal. It may have simply been another Titan research station. Ironya was probably the original head of Uldaman, but stepped down upon Archaedas' arrival. However, it is possible Archaedas had gone to visit Ulduar, found out about Loken's betrayal, then stole the Discs and fled back to Uldaman.
- The layout of Uldaman on the floor, and the use of a staff, created from a medallion and a shaft, to create a beam to show the opening to a hidden chamber, are most likely a reference to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark; more specifically, to the map chamber that showed the way to the Well of Souls, where the Ark of the Covenant was held in the film. Like Tanis in the film,which was buried under the sand in a sandstorm that lasted a whole year, Uldaman was buried beneath the earth (presumably due to The Sundering and is being excavated for its powerful contents. The Explorer's League/The Reliquary are likely representative of Indy and his cohorts, and the Dark Iron Dwarvf excavators are likely representing the Nazis, as they are the less savory group.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): New quests and NPCs added. Digmaster Shovelphlange removed. Level range lowered to 37 - 40.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level range lowered from 36-47.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22):
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): New load screen added.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
- Capped at ten players.
- Lengthened the respawn time of many of the creatures in Uldaman.