- For the pre-6.0 instance, see Upper Blackrock Spire (original). For the lore and history of the fortress, see Blackrock Spire.
Upper Blackrock Spire is the upper area of greater Blackrock Spire complex, and serves as a main base of operations for the Ironmarch expedition of the Iron Horde in Azeroth, led by one of the Garrosh's staunchest supporters, Warlord Zaela. Formerly occupied by the Dark Horde and black dragonflight under Nefarian, remnants of his forces also entrenched themselves in the area.
The history of this imposing fortress is long and complex. Carved into the fiery core of Blackrock Mountain by the Dark Iron clan centuries ago, and eventually taken by the black dragon Nefarian and his brood, the upper reaches of Blackrock Spire are now home to the Ironmarch vanguard. As preparations to use the Spire as the staging ground for a full-scale invasion of Azeroth continue, the Iron Horde has set up a terrifying contingency plan: a doomsday weapon within the heart of Blackrock Mountain.
The dungeon encompasses a single quest that updates as players progress. This quest contains the following steps:
||Kill inhabitants of rooms to extinguish runes.
|Defeat Orebender Gor'ashan
|Enter Arena and Defeat Gauntlet
- Blackrock Stadium entered
- Wave 1 defeated
- Wave 2 defeated
- Wave 3 defeated
- [Upper Blackrock Spire Challenger]
- [Upper Blackrock Spire: Bronze]
- [Upper Blackrock Spire: Silver]
- [Upper Blackrock Spire: Gold]
Please add any available information to this section.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-14): "Resolved an issue where items were incorrectly disenchanting into Warlords of Draenor enchanting materials."
- This is in reference to the special level 90 version of UBRS that existed during the Iron Horde Incursion world event.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a separate instance from LBRS, retuned for level 100 players. Encounters updated to reflect recent storyline developments. Partially expanded. Blackwing Lair entrance moved to Blackrock Mountain.