Vagath is a nathrezim loyal to Illidan Stormrage. He was one of Maiev Shadowsong's jailors the others being Zandras and Akama. Vagath was very arrogant and mocked Maiev threatening to torture her.
Vagath arrived at the prison and question Akama who tricked jim into believing that all is well and "kills" the intruder.
Later, during the Black Temple raid, the Sha'tari and the Ashtongue Deathsworn attacked the temple, where Maiev personally killed Vagath while screaming at Akama that he is a traitor.
Tricked by Akama
After completing the quest entitled Akama, a small scripted event between Akama and Vagath occurs. Vagath arrives with two demonic minions and yells out:
- Vagath says: Mortals, here? What is the meaning of this, pathetic Broken!
- Akama whispers: Have no fear, <race>. Just play along.
- Akama "kills" the player and reassures Vagath.
- Akama says: A mere nuisance, I assure you! Tell the Master his prisoner will not escape while Akama and his Deathsworn watch over her.
- Vagath says: You'd do well not to toy with me, Akama. Illidan has given me strict orders to keep watch on the Warden. If I find out you are hiding anything from me, I will crush you with my bare hands!