Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Battle Pet Level: 24 - 25
- This sacred center of peace and harmony has been sealed away from all but the chosen few who become members of the Golden Lotus, the guardians of the valley. The land's towering waterfalls, white-capped peaks, and beautiful architecture have spawned legends, myths, and poems... but have also drawn envy from the pandaren's enemies.
- "It was Leza's visions that led us here. Each of us have had dreams of a valley, golden with blossoms, filled with the hope of peace. Even our chieftain Baine Bloodhoof had these dreams."
- —Sunwalker Dezco
The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a zone at the center of the continent of Pandaria. The Vale has great cultural importance to both the Pandaren and Mogu, particularly the Mogu'shan Palace. Formerly used as a place of experimentation by the Titans similar to Sholazar Basin, this vale of golden flowers and trees served as the seat of power for the rulers of Pandaria, such as Emperor Shaohao and the Mogu rulers following the death of Lei Shen.
After the Alliance and Horde came to Pandaria bringing their war with them, the August Celestials decided to reopen the gate after sealing it following the downfall of the Mogu Empire. The Alliance and Horde proved themselves in aiding the Golden Lotus in defeating the Shao-Tien Mogu. Later, Warchief Garrosh Hellscream used the vale's power as a means to revive the Heart of Y'Shaarj. The Old God's power utterly destroyed the eastern half of the vale, causing some to refer to it as the Vale of Eternal Sorrows. Following the Siege of Orgrimmar, Emperor Shaohao's spirit planted a magical tree in the center of the destruction, providing hope that the vale will heal one day now that Pandaria need no longer fear the seven breaths of Y'Shaarj.
- 1 History
- 2 Getting there
- 3 Geography
- 4 Quests
- 5 Resources
- 6 Wild pets
- 7 Wild creatures
- 8 Notes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Patches and hotfixes
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
- The ancient seat of the pandaren empire has been hidden for generations, shrouded in mists and walled-off by impassible mountains. The waters of the Vale are believed to have mystical powers... which has attracted the attention of ancient enemies as well as power-hungry factions within the Alliance and Horde. What secrets lie buried below this mystical font of power?
In the years that the Titans were on Azeroth, the Vale of Eternal Blossoms was a place the Titans created and experiment with forms of life, like Un'Goro Crater and Sholazar Basin. At the same time, they were fighting the Old Gods and their servants, the mantid, so they created the mogu to be guardians of the Vale and fight off the waves of mantid. When the Old Gods were defeated and the Titans became silent, the mogu continued their work until the Curse of Flesh swept through the land. Unsure of what to do, the mogu started forming into clans and began fighting with each other, until Lei Shen rose and united the clans. Lei Shen and his mogu enslaved the creatures of Pandaria and forced them to build the Great Wall to block the mantid from his new empire, and protect the Vale at the same time.
The jinyu had their beginnings in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, evolving from murlocs fortunate enough to live near the enchanted pools of the Vale. The magic of the pools expanded their minds and grew their bodies, until they became one of the great ancient cultures of Pandaria. At some time following the departure of the Titans, but before the rise of Lei Shen, the jinyu empire ruled over Pandaria from the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. During the reign of mogu emperor Lei Shen, the mogu invaded the jinyu kingdoms and slaughtered all who opposed them, presumably wresting from them control of the Vale.
When the mogu were overthrown by the pandaren, the capital was moved east to the Jade Forest, and the Vale's gates were closed off to the outside world. Within the Vale, a small group of specially chosen caretakers known as the Golden Lotus kept watch over the Vale, keeping it pristine and safe, with occasional help from the Shado-Pan.
After the Vale was sealed off, it became something of a mythical place in pandaren culture. The "Song of the Vale" is a very old pandaren poem that describes the valley.
- There is a valley where dreamers sleep,
- Where flowers bloom and willows weep,
- Where loamy earth springs life anew,
- And waters sparkle, clear and blue,
- Where every hearth brings peaceful ease,
- And beauty sings on every breeze.
- Here the Sacred Pools spring pure
- Here, seek any who desire cure
- Holy, nature, powers divine,
- Turn death to life, death to life.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In more recent times, the Golden Lotus have become increasingly concerned after spotting mogu scouts that somehow circumvented the gates. They are in need of the Shado-Pan's aid again, and perhaps new strangers as well, should they prove worthy of the privilege. Any adventurer who is able to aid the Golden Lotus will quickly discover that the mogu intend something grander than simple scouting within the Vale. Xin the Weaponmaster has gathered several Mogu clans under his banner at Mogu'shan Palace and the Shao-Tien to the west have begun a full-scale assault on the Vale, and their plot ties in with the return of the master of all mogu, the dreaded Thunder King himself.
Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde
Siege of Orgrimmar
- "But then came the one called Garrosh Hellscream, and he left only destruction in his wake. By the time he left, the waters of the Vale were no more."
- — Watershaper Sharu
The Vale's desecration by the Horde excavation and subsequent unearthing of the Heart of Y'Shaarj has stirred the final Sha prime, the Sha of Pride. The immense corruption laid waste to the once beautiful landscape, and the lesser sha now roam the swath. Mogu'shan Palace and the mogu statues were also damaged.
The water pools have been warped by the Sha energies and reformed into an elemental horror, Immerseus.
The very short quest chain to open the Gate of the August Celestials begins at level 87 in Kun-Lai Summit at the Temple of the White Tiger. There, , the White Tiger, is hearing petitions to open the gate, but he has tests for members of the Alliance and Horde after the disaster at Serpent's Heart in the Jade Forest. Over the objections of of the Shado-Pan, Xuen accedes to and requests to open the gate. After , the gate is opened and adventurers can travel into the vale at their leisure.
Alternatively, any player of any level can enter the Vale of Eternal Blossoms by traveling to the Shado-Pan Fallback in Kun-Lai Summit, climbing the stairs within to the top of the Serpent's Spine, and then jumping off of it into the Vale. A mage can also open a portal to the faction hub in the Vale for players of any level.
The land contains six sacred pools, which are the lifeblood of the vale. Each of these powerful pools represent a positive emotion and is capable of healing wounds that even the light is not capable of. Only five of the pools can be seen, while the last is found deep within the Mogu'shan Palace.
Each pool corresponds with the negative emotions of the sha: Anger, Despair, Doubt, Fear, Hatred, and Violence. They are the pools of Fellowship, Hope, Faith, Courage, Love, and Peace.
Later, all of the pools have been corrupted by the Sha of Pride and reformed into an elemental named Immerseus. The eastern part of the Vale is either withering or covered in Sha energy. Mogu'shan Palace was damaged in the process and a hidden entrance to some sort of inner complex was unearthed.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Mogu'shan Palace||87 - 90||5-player||Unknown|
|Gate of the Setting Sun||90||5-player||Unknown|
|Siege of Orgrimmar (entrance)||90+||10/25-player||Unknown|
Regions adjacent to the Vale of the Eternal Blossoms
|Zone zame||Faction||Level range||Direction||Access|
|Valley of the Four Winds||86-88||South||Flight|
|Kun-Lai Summit||87-89||North||Gate of the August Celestials|
|Dread Wastes||89-90||West||Gate of the Setting Sun (Flight)|
- Main article: Vale of Eternal Blossoms storyline
The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is driven primarily by a single faction, the Golden Lotus, the caretakers of the Vale. The Golden Lotus have long been peaceful, with little need to fight inside their tightly locked valley, but when things come to conflict, the Golden Lotus seek out the nearby Shado-Pan to aid them. Though players are working for the Golden Lotus for the entirety of their time within the Vale, they are also fighting alongside several Shado-Pan heroes along the way, aiding the Shado-Pan at the Setting Sun Garrison, and are joining the Shado-Pan in the defense of the Serpent's Spine wall.
In working for the Golden Lotus, players are able to experience more than 100 daily quests within the Vale, by far the most daily quests for a single faction in the game. Each day, after aiding the Golden Lotus in fending off mogu attacks near the central Vale, players can expect to be sent to random locations, each location seeded with random quests, and each quest environment featuring random variations to the monsters, defenders, traps, and other features located there. To provide even more variety, a mogu attack force roams the vale, moving to different locations each day, so players may find that the peaceful village is now being raided by the mogu, or that the normally spider-infested ruins have been turned into an established mogu camp, entirely changing the experience at these locations for the day. No matter what reputation the players have or where they were sent in the vale, they are getting to end their day with one of more than 20 unique boss fights that were constructed just for this zone.
- Dancing Water Skimmer
- Effervescent Glowfly
- Gilded Moth
- Golden Civet
- Golden Civet Kitten
- Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog
- The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a unique zone, where much of the story line takes place through daily quests, which open up as the player gains reputation with the Golden Lotus, revealing more story each time they visit.
- In Patch 5.4, however, the zone was mostly corrupted by the sha, ending the story-driven daily quests.
- Since 5.4, gaining reputation with the Golden Lotus is done by killing the mobs within the zone and through the few quests still remaining here.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-11-09): "Rare creatures in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms should now follow the correct tapping mechanics."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Eastern part of the Vale is now heavily contaminated with the Sha energy. A raid entrance in Mogu'shan leading to Siege of Orgrimmar has been added.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Zone and the zone map updated with goblin digsite.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.