Vampiric Touch is one of the Shadow priest's main damage over time effects. It is used to steadily deal damage to enemies, and should generally be kept active at all times.
- (honor talent)
- The PvP 4-piece set bonus from the Season 12 Satin and sets grants the improvement to Vampiric Touch.
- The T14 raiding gear 4-piece set bonus from the Shadow priest set increases the duration of Vampiric Touch by 3 seconds.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-01-24): "Vampiric Touch now deals 10% less damage in PvP situations (was 25% less)."
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "
- Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 14%.
- The damage of Vampiric Touch is reduced by 25% in PvP situations."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10):
- Generates 6 Insanity when cast (was 4).
- Duration is now 24 seconds (was 18 seconds).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now heals the priest for 50% of damage dealt, and causes the dispeller to be Horrified when dispelled. Duration increased from 15 seconds to 18, damage per tick increased by 48.7%. Now generates Insanity.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): and Vampiric Touch no longer restore mana.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 20% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer triggers . Instead, each time damage is dealt, the caster gains 2% of maximum mana.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been decreased by 12%. In addition, 's Vampiric Touch backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer causes damage upon being dispelled. However it can be improved by .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The amount of damage done when this spell is dispelled has been doubled.