War Master Voone
|Race||Forest troll (Humanoid)|
|Location||Lower Blackrock Spire|
During the Second War, Voone led small strike teams on daring missions into the heart of high elven territory. The cunning troll joined the false Horde because he wanted to be its chief strategist, not because he believed in Blackhand's ideology. Voone sees the splinter faction as an underdog, and he enjoys the satisfaction of overcoming insurmountable odds.
Note that directly behind him is the for the quest . Watch the floor near him, as the , another quest item for the quest are there 1/4 of the time. If the documents are not there, they are guarded by Highlord Omokk or Overlord Wyrmthalak, or are by the ogres just after the spiders. He tortured Mor Grayhoof nearly to death.
Stage One: The Thrasher
War Master Voone attacks quickly, assaulting his enemies relentlessly.
- Thrash — Gives the caster 2 extra attacks.
- Throw Axe — Hurls a massive axe at a random enemy, dealing 1750 damage and stunning them for 2 sec.
Stage Two: The Brawler
When War Master Voone reaches 65% remaining health, he changes his stance, attacking with more ferocity.
- Cleave — Inflicts 110% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Mortal Strike — Inflicts 300% weapon damage and leaves the target wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 5 sec.
Stage Three: The War Master
When War Master Voone reaches 40% remaining health, he begins his final assault, holding nothing back.
- Snap Kick — Inflicts 4 damage to an enemy, stunning it for 2 sec.
- Uppercut — Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to an enemy, knocking it back.
- Pummel — Pummels an enemy for 45 damage and interrupts the spell being cast for 5 sec.
Pretty straightforward fight, just Tank and Spank. He is immune to stuns and does have a stunning blow. Be aware that he does hit hard and throws the tank into the air a few times. He doesn't lose any aggro, but it can be tricky if DPS is piling in and the tank cannot maintain aggro during airtime. He also uses a warstomp, similar to Thunderclap, but reduces movement speed instead of attack speed.
Mind Controlling the berserker in the previous room to tank Voone will not work. He loses the MC the moment he attacks Voone.
A well geared 70 can solo him but he will put up a fight so you will have to use all your Cooldowns, and pack a Healing Potion and/or , just remember that no stuns or disorient effects work so it will be a straight forward fight.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Model updated.