Warcraft: The Board Game
|Warcraft: The Board Game|
Fantasy Flight Games
Bard Centrum Gier
|# of players||
2 - 4
Warcraft: The Board Game was released in 2003, a year before World of Warcraft was released. It is based more on the Warcraft III video games. An expansion to the board game paralleling Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne was released a year later in 2004.
Only the Ruthless Survive!
- The magical world of Azeroth is being torn apart by a bloody, devastating war. The Orc hordes are on the rampage once more, trying to reclaim their lost glory. The Human Alliance has gathered to face the Orc Menace, but is being troubled by mysterious plagues and death cults. Driven by the terrible Lich King, the Undead Scourge is spreading Plague across the land and swelling its ranks with the corpses of the fallen. The mysterious Night Elves, protectors of the forest, fight to defend their home against those who would defile it.
- The award-winning Warcraft(R) computer game explodes off the computer screen and onto your game table! In Warcraft: The Board Game, you take control of one of the four mighty races and charge into battle for control of Azeroth. To win, you must manage your resources wisely so you can train and upgrade your troops while fighting furiously against your opponents.
- In a time of chaos, do you have what it takes to survive?
The computer classic comes to your table. From the publishers:
"Fantasy Flight Games and Blizzard Entertainment present the official Warcraft boardgame, where players take command of an army of Night Elves, Humans, Orcs, or Undead seeking to harvest gold and wood, build a strong village, and set out to conquer and destroy! The Warcraft boardgame features an adaptable/expandable geomorphic board, exciting components, and the innovative ‘Command/Movement’ system that simulates the real-time action and excitement of Warcraft."
Warcraft is based on the computer game series. Each player takes on one of four factions: Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Undead. It can be played cooperatively, with humans and night elves in one alliance and orcs and undead in the second.
The game is set up with a modular board, depicting resources, victory point locations and the players' town halls. Throughout the game, players need to harvest resources, build units and buildings, and use their army to defeat their opponents.
Each turn, players move their existing units, harvest gold and lumber with their workers, deploy units onto the board that were built on a previous turn, and finally spend resources on further units, buildings and outposts. Players also have access to a unique deck of Experience Cards, which are drawn during events like battles and can be used later for special effects.
A player can win by eliminating all opponents, or by accumulating 15 total victory points.
Based on the popular series of video games, Warcraft: The Board Game continues FFG's tradition of high-quality, innovative board games. Warcraft features an adaptable/expandable geomorphic board, exciting components, and the innovative "Command/Movement" system that simulates the real-time action and excitement of the Warcraft computer game.
Player take command of an army of Night Elves, Humans, Orcs or Undead. Harvest gold and wood, build a strong village, and set out to conquer and destroy!
- 13 Board Pieces
- 40 Wooden Melee Unit Markers
- 28 Wooden Ranged Unit Markers
- 16 Wooden Flying Unit Markers
- 4 Town Interfaces
- 8 Outpost Markers
- 32 Building Tiles
- 32 Worker Markers
- 36 Unit Tiles
- 84 Spell Cards
- 50 Gold Tokens
- 50 Wood Tokens
- 18 Depletion Tokens
- 4 Battle Dice
- 1 Resource Die
- 14 Quest Tokens
- This board game is not to be confused with World of Warcraft: The Board Game, another Warcraft-themed board game that Fantasy Flight Games released in 2005.
- This board game is not to be confused with World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game, another Warcraft-themed board game that Fantasy Flight Games released in 2008.
- Base game