- For the instance, see Halls of Valor.
|Level: 100 - 110|
Skyhold is a portion of the Halls of Valor which are located high up in the clouds above Stormheim. Skyhold was set aside by Keeper Odyn as their order hall and as a staging point for the Valarjar to bring the fight to the Burning Legion.
- 1 Map
- 2 Subregions
- 3 Travel points
- 4 NPCs
- 5 Objects
- 6 Quests
- 7 Order Hall Advancement
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Speculation
- 11 Patch changes
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The Skyhold is entered via a central zone, which leads to four sections - Eye of Odyn, Forge of Odyn, Arena of Glory and The Great Mead Hall. , , Valarjar Aspirants and Valkyra Shieldmaidens are standing around the entrance to the Skyhold, while Val'kyr of Odyn can be seen flying above.
Eye of Odyn
The Eye of Odyn area is where the class hall leader can recruit troops, send champions and troops on missions, place work order for champion armaments and equipment, purchase items from the quartermaster and travel to other zones in the Broken Isles.
can be found at the entrance to the area, talking to her will give the player the options to travel to one of the Broken Isles zones. and a replica of the Battlelord's Armor can be found on the near left side. Durnolf sells the armor set and armor upgrades. can be found on the near right, allowing the player to place work orders for champion armaments and equipment. Haklang Ulfsson will only be available if the player choose the 3rd tier Order Advancement option Heavenly Forge.
Troop recruiters and (for Alliance players) or (for Horde players) can be found on the far left side. Savyn Valorborn offers to recruit Shieldmaiden Warbands or Valkyra Shieldmaidens if the player choose the 4th tier Order Advancement option ; Matthew Glensorrow and Sharak Tor will only be available if the player choose 7th tier Order Advancement option Strike Hard. Glensorrow offers to recruit , while Tor offers to recruit . Troop recruiter can be found on the far right side, offering to recruit Valarjar Aspirants or Stormforged Valarjar if the player choose the 4th tier Order Advancement option Trial by Fire.
and the Eye of Odyn can be found at the far end. The player can send champions and troops on mission by interacting with the Eye of Odyn, while Ghrent will be handling most of the quest turn-ins.
Forge of Odyn
The Forge of Odyn area is where the class hall leader can research their Artifact Weapon to gain more Artifact Knowledge, unlocking traits in their weapon by spending Artifact Power, changing weapon visuals and upgrading their class hall.
, and can be found at the north side of the entrance in front of the three stone tables: Saga of the Valarjar, The Favored of Odyn and The Legend of Odyn. Einar will offer upgrades to the class hall, while Fjornson will help research the weapons. On the opposite side, Keeper is standing in front five pedestals with the unlocked appearances of the artifact weapon appearing above each. At the far end, and are located besides the Forge of Odyn. Interacting with the Forge of Odyn will allow the player to spend Artifact Power to unlock traits for their weapon and to change their weapon appearance.
Arena of Glory
Once every 3 hours Odyn will place the Skyhold Chest of Riches in the center of the arena, warriors entering the arena will be flagged for PvP and must fight to win the chest. If the chest is not looted in 10 minutes, will jump into the area and until the chest is looted or he is defeated, which happens when he reaches ~10% health, at which point he will retreat and drop his axe, picking up the axe puts you into a permanent bladestorm, with a huge damage boost. A player will only be able to see and loot the chest if the they choose the 2nd tier Order Advancement option For Honor and Glory.
can be found on the left side of the arena, offering use of Blessing of Mjolnir to gain the Horn of War to unleash the power of the Val'kyr to help complete a non-elite World Quest once every 18 hours. Matilda Skoptidottir is only available if a player choose the 5th tier Order Advancement option Val'kyr Call.
Valarjar Aspirant spectators, tables of food and drinks and weapon and armor racks can be found around the arena, with Val'kyr Arena Master located at the 2 entrances to the arena itself. , and Keeper Hodir can be found at the entrance, the left and right sides of the arena, respectively. Lesser Sparring Partner and Greater Sparring Partner Raider's Training Dummy can be found at the far end, while on the right side of the arena Tanking Lesser Sparring Partner and Greater Sparring Partner can be found.
Armor racks featuring warrior tier sets are located at the both the left and right sides of the entrance. Once a player collects all items from a set, the set will appear on the armor rack.
The Great Mead Hall
The Great Mead Hall is full of Valarjar Aspirants and Shieldmaidens eating and drinking while Stormforged Valarjar guard the hall. At the hall's center sits Keeper Odyn, with and Lord Darius Crowley (for Alliance players) or (for Horde players) at his right and left sides, respectively. and can be found on the far left side, while and can be found on the far right side. The Grand Challenger's Bounty can be located at the entrance to the hall.
Using this means of travel will lead the player to these places:
- Azsuna - Azurewing Repose
- The Broken Shore - Deliverance Point
- Dalaran - Krasus' Landing
- Highmountain - Thunder Totem
- Stormheim - Valdisdall
- Suramar - Meredil
- Val'sharah - Lorlathil
Patch 7.1.5 campaign
Patch 7.2 campaign
Order Hall Advancement
- The art and feel of the zone is heavily inspired by Valhalla.
- In the alpha, spirits of famous warriors were in Skyhold, but they were removed because it didn't feel appropriate to Blizzard for these human and orc heroes to appear in this vrykul place. The identity of these removed heroes is still unknown. However, checking the NPC IDs on Wowhead, starting with the version of used during the warrior class quest () and increasing incrementally, the IDs lead to several consecutive unused warrior NPCs that were possibly meant to appear in Skyhold.
- Among the NPCs are a non-diamond version of (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), a non-death knight version of (), (), (), (), (), a non-death knight version of (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), () and ().
- Considering some of these are still living to this day, it is possible that other living warriors were meant to be accepted into Skyhold like the Battlelord. The presence of and may also indicate that they were not maybe always meant to be part of the reborn Horsemen. Several of them have a placeholder model, though others such as Anduin Lothar had never appeared in World of Warcraft before.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.