Wormhole Generator: Northrend
- Wormhole Generator: Northrend
- Binds when used
- Use: Creates an unstable wormhole the Engineer can use to travel around Northrend. Lasts 1 min.
- Requires Engineering (415)
- "Dimensional folding is not fully understood in any capacity. A parachute and medical supplies are best kept on hand!"
- Sell Price: 50
Teleports the caster to a location in Northrend (of a fixed set of locations) with 4 hr Cooldown.
This item is created by engineers with a minimum skill of 435.
- Required materials
The device opens a small gateway that deposits the engineer at the following "safe" locations (not counting the possibilities of the wormhole opening high in the sky above very solid ground):
- Borean Tundra: Near Fizzcrank Airstrip or high above Lake Kum'uya
- Howling Fjord: Utgarde Keep
- Storm Peaks: Near the Ulduar meeting stone
- Sholazar Basin: The Glimmering Pillar
- Icecrown: Mountainside northwest of Sindragosa's Fall
This chamber has no exits; the character must teleport (, summons, etc) out in order to escape. can be usefull too, because chamber is the part of Dalaran, though chamber is not marked on both Dalaran maps and player is shown on Crystalsong Forest general map.
It has been reported that she only offers to sell after a person uses the wormhole generator to teleport in. People who have logging out and later logging back in have reported her to be seated and unresponsive.
Patch 3.1.3 (or possibly earlier) replaced a previous NPC, Andrew Chambers with Kaye. It is possible that the similarity to the name of a game designer (Andy Chambers) working for Blizzard prompted this change.
- Unlike other engineering teleportation devices, you do not automatically teleport to a fixed location. Instead, it creates a portal similar to a mage's portal. You are offered destination options to choose from.
- Unlike a mage's portal, other party members are not able to see or use your portal, even if they have the required engineering skill.
- If you use the portal whilst hosting passengers on your multi-seat mount, they can go along for the journey with you. This only works from within Northrend however.
- The places where you will be teleported are not actually dangerous, but rather hard-to-get. Without flying mount (or a slow-fall effect) getting down from there alive is nearly impossible.
- It is possible to get down safely without using parachutes or flying mounts from the Scholozar basin and Howling Fjord destinations.
- This item can be disenchanted at level 225, but you'll only obtain a .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.