|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm|
Merciless ones are aquatic parasitic aberrations in all likelihood related to faceless ones. They are cycloptic, squid-like creatures with a body shape similar to Ozumat. They attach themselves to the heads of things to enslave them, and can affect their host's mind even when "dead." As the Beak of the Merciless One shows, they have beaks.
Erunak Stonespeaker was abducted by the Naga and enslaved by the Merciless one Mindbender Ghur'sha within the Throne of the Tides. In Twilight Highlands the Merciless one Julak-Doom is controlling a flesh giant.
- , controlling Erunak Stonespeaker in the Throne of the Tides
- <The Eye of Zor>, controlling a flesh giant in Twilight Highlands
- Deep Subjugators, summoned from... somewhere during
- Merciless Ones, controlling gilblins and working with naga on Deepfin Ridge, at least one was later used as a hat
- Jiao Spawns
As a companion pet
- The uses the merciless one model, but is considered to be a sha nonetheless.
- The merciless ones resemble unarmored Daleks from the popular British science fiction program, Doctor Who.
- They may be a cousin species to the Faceless Ones, also an ancient aquatic like species who serve the Old Gods.
- They may also be related to the kraken. Ozumat is a kraken, but given his ability to attach to victim's heads and control them, he is also thought to be a large variant of merciless one. Also, the Jiao Spawn of Jiao are merciless ones (which is likely not just model re-usage due to the spawns' telekinesis).