|“The Thunder King”|
|Release date (US)|
|Latest version date|
|Patches • Patches category|
- 1 Patch trailer
- 2 General
- 3 Classes
- 4 Quests
- 5 Creatures
- 6 Pet Battles
- 7 Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- 8 PvP
- 9 Professions
- 10 Items
- 11 Sunsong Ranch
- 12 UI
- 13 Bug Fixes
- 14 Client patches
- 15 References
Patch 5.2.0 is the first World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria patch of 2013 that focuses on the return of the Thunder King. It was targeted to be released February 26, but was delayed for March 5. This patch includes a massive new raid dungeon, a multi-faceted new quest hub, Pet Battle improvements, new world bosses, significant class balance changes, brand new pets and mounts, assorted bug fixes, and more.
Ten client patches all called "Patch 5.2.0" have been released so far, all to fix minor bugs. See the patch list for more information.
New Daily Quest Hub: Isle of Thunder
- Here players can join the assault to conquer the Thunder King's island stronghold, unlock new questlines and daily quest hubs, participate in special events, earn the right to visit the fabled Treasure Room, lay claim to an arsenal of powerful mogu artifacts for their faction, and more.
- Each faction's finest are spearheading the assault: the Kirin Tor Offensive led by and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by . Earning reputation with these new factions offers heroes the opportunity to receive new quests and reputation rewards, including powerful items and an intimidating new mount.
- After both the Alliance and the Horde have eked out a foothold on the isle, players can choose to perform quests that are PvE or PvP focused. PvP quests will direct players against opposing faction NPCs, but slaying opposing players will grant credit as well.
- As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Thunder Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
- Heroes can join the war effort and find transportation to Isle of Thunder by visiting the Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes on the western shores of Pandaria. The Isle of Thunder will be unlocked progressively, based on each realms' participation in the war effort; initially only some of the Isle's features will be unlocked. Future unlocked content will include the Stormsea Landing and the outdoor raid boss, , the Storm Lord.
- Heroes fortunate enough to acquire a "" can bring it to the Shado-Pan on the Isle of Thunder and use it to infiltrate the fabled treasure vaults of the first emperor. Heroes are tasked with grabbing as much loot as they can within five minutes. Larger chests will have the most loot, including special keys that can be used at the end of the run for a chance at epic gear and other major rewards. Keys are awarded from rare bosses, hidden chests around the island, and from award satchels obtained by completing daily quests.
New Raid: Throne of Thunder
- , the Thunder King, has returned to wreak his vengeance on Pandaria. It falls to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to stop the newly resurrected tyrant and his Zandalari allies in the massive new raid: Throne of Thunder.
- Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe.
- The Raid Finder version of the Throne of Thunder is divided into 4 different sections, Last Stand of the Zandalari, Forgotten Depths, Halls of Flesh-Shaping, and Pinnacle of Storms.
- Join the Shado-Pan Assault in their singular drive to see Lei Shen defeated once and for all, and gain access to impressive Valor reward items. Reputation with this faction can be earned only within the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon.
- at Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes is offering to sell Shado-Pan Assault faction gear to adventurers for Valor points. Another NPC will also be selling those items in or near the entrance to the Throne of Thunder on Isle of Thunder.
The Legendary Quest Continues
- is determined to know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverance and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new legendary metagem, the Crown of the Heavens.
- Players seeking to re-acquire previous Legendary quest rewards (Such as gems for Sha-touched weapons) can now speak with the Blacktalon Quartermaster, the surly-looking Pandaren standing in the first floor of the Tavern in the Mists.
New World Bosses: Nalak, the Storm Lord and Oondasta
- Nalak, the Storm Lord
- After the Isle of Thunder has been conquered, the gate guardian of the Thunder King's citadel will appear: Nalak, the Storm Lord. Players will frequently have the opportunity to test their mettle against him.
Taking Over The Farm
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now acquire the farm from via a quest. The farmhouse becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour into the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- The option to take over the farm is available to characters that are exalted with the Tillers and have unlocked all 16 farm plots.
New World Boss System
- All world bosses (, , the Storm Lord, and ) are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week.
- Area Damage Cap: The area damage cap is now 20 targets (was 10). This means area of effect damage spells now reach their maximum damage when striking 20 targets. If more than 20 targets are struck, then the total damage done is spread evenly over the actual number of targets present.
- now heals for 150% of the damage dealt (was 100%).
- now costs 5 Runic Power plus 5 per second thereafter, down from 10 Runic Power plus 10 per second.
- Death Knights now maintain the same health percentage when switching into and out of .
- now deals 15% more damage.
- now deals 15% more damage.
- 's cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 2 minutes).
- 's cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds (was 1 minute).
- now summons Bloodworms with 15% of the Death Knight's health (was 18%) and Blood Burst now heals for 25% per stack of Blood Gorged (was 30% per stack).
- now also applies to .
- no longer costs Runic Power.
- now also deals Shadow damage, in addition to Nature damage.
- now causes to inflict , in addition to its other effects.
- now deals 3.8% more damage.
- Frost and Unholy Tier-14 2-piece set bonus has been reduced to 4% (was 10%) increased damage on , , and .
- now has a 20-second cooldown for Feral Druids.
- has been redesigned. It now triggers and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates .
- The healing granted by when a target takes damage has been increased by 100%.
- now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
- had its damage increased by 100%.
- now scales 10% more efficiently.
- Mastery: now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating.
- now costs approximately 9% less mana.
- and now cost 55% less mana.
- can now snare more than one target at a time.
- now has a 30-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- now has a 30-second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
- The Treants summoned by now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.
- now has a 90-second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).
- now increases the range of by 5 yards (was 4 yards).
- damage has been increased by 9%.
- : This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%.
- Wild Mushrooms will now each gain 25% of the overhealing performed by the Druid's effects, up to a maximum of 33% of the Druid's health in bonus healing, and growing larger as they do so. When is cast, this bonus healing will be divided evenly amongst targets in the area-of-effect.
- Feral Druid PvP Gloves now also increases the duration of by 1 second.
- Feral Druid PvP 2-piece increase to movement speed by 15% while outdoors for Druids in , , or no longer stacks with the Druid talent .
- Feral Druid PvP 4-piece bonus also causes successful interrupts with to reset the cooldown of .
- Targeting for and has been improved. These abilities will now always hit the primary target and are much more responsive about which secondary targets they hit.
- cast time has been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds).
- may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
- now has a cast time of 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- now cancels when the cast begins.
- now has a 24-second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
- now has a range of 40 yards (was 30 yards).
- now deals 20% more damage.
- no longer has a Focus cost.
- no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- has been removed and its effects are now baseline.
- The ability from no longer requires a target. When activated, the pet will automatically choose a nearby corpse to loot.
- New Glyph: . This glyph now causes to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.
- Beast Mastery
- now deals 10% more damage and cast time has been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds).
- Chimera Shot now deals 25% more damage and heals the Hunter for 5% (was 3%) of their total health.
- now removes 's cooldown, and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage for 1 minute after an Evocation is completed, instead of 25% increased damage for 40 seconds. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
- now causes the Invocation talent to restore 10% (was 20%) health after completing an Evocation.
- now has a 90-second cooldown (was 2.5 minutes).
- cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
- has been replaced with . Glyph of Inferno Blast causes damage-over-time effects spread by to spread to 1 additional target.
- is now a level-15 talent, replacing .
- , a new talent is available at level 30 and replaces . The passive ability encases the Mage in fiery energy, absorbing damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 20% of their spellpower, up to a maximum of 30% of the attack.
- now has a 45-second cooldown (was 1 minute) and its duration has been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- can now be removed by magic dispels.
- cast instantly through now has a 2-second arming period before the Freeze effect is activated against targets in the area of effect. The 2-second arming period can be reduced by Haste.
- Temporal Ripples from can no longer be dispelled.
- now stuns the target for 5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- increases the Mage's mana regeneration by 75% (was 100%) while standing inside the rune.
- now removes it from global cooldown but also reduces its duration by 1 second.
- Mage PvP 2-piece bonus now requires to successfully interrupt a spell before applying the 4 second cooldown reduction to Counterspell.
- For Arcane Mages, now restores 40% (was 60%) of total mana over 6 seconds, and consumes all Arcane Charges. For each Arcane Charge consumed, the total amount of mana regenerated is increased by 10%, up to a maximum of 80% over 6 seconds. Evocation remains the same for Fire and Frost.
- 's damage has been reduced by 22.9% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
- ' damage has been reduced by 22.1%.
- 's damage has been reduced by 16.1%.
- Arcane Charges now stacks up to 4 times (was 6), increases damage by 50% (was 25%), and increases mana cost by 150% (was 75%).
- New Level-60 Talent:
- Ring of Peace forms an 8 yard Sanctuary around a friendly target for 8 seconds, disabling enemy player auto-attacks in PvP, and causing all enemies (both players and NPCs) in the area of effect to be disarmed for the duration. In addition, enemies that cast a damaging spell while within the area of effect will be silenced for 3 seconds. The ability has a 45-second cooldown.
- New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30:
- now does 100% more damage and 14% less healing, and no longer costs Chi, and has a 15-second cooldown.
- now has a limit of 2 (was 1), detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Sphere is dispelled, no longer costs Chi, and has a 10-second cooldown. Its periodic damage has been increased by 22%, periodic healing has been reduced by 61%, its detonation healing has been reduced by 62%.
- now does 380% more damage, 69% more healing, no longer costs Chi, and has a 30-second cooldown.
- has been removed.
- has been removed.
- is now . This glyph causes the Monk's Paralysis ability to remove all damage-over-time effects on the target.
- is now a physical, non-magical effect, can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards. The Paralysis effect lasts 40 seconds (was 30 seconds) for non-player targets, 4 seconds when used against other players, and lasts 50% (was 200%) longer when used from behind a target.
- , used on a target that's facing the Monk silences them for 2 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- and no longer have a Chi cost.
- Tiger's Lust can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
- now has a 30-second cooldown (was 60 seconds).
- can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
- now heals the Monk for 15% of maximum health (was 10%).
- now deals 15% more damage.
- Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by have a duration of 30 seconds.
- Xuen will now fixate on the Monk's original target for Brewmasters.
- now costs 8% (was 4%) of base mana to use.
- The Glyphed version of now costs 16% of base mana (was 6.6%) to cast.
- can no longer be dispelled.
- Zen Focus, the 4-piece Mistweaver set bonus, is now more responsive.
- It is no longer possible to use while silenced.
- had its mana cost reduced by 10%.
- now generates chi more consistently and average generation rate is slightly higher.
- no longer costs mana.
- Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- now heals for 25% of the damage done (was 50%).
- Serpent's Zeal no longer stacks and heals for 25% of the damage that had been dealt.
- now provides additional benefits.
- is a new passive ability for Mistweaver Monks. Successful Jabs and Spinning Crane Kicks which damages at least 3 enemies cause Muscle Memory. Muscle Memory causes the Monk's next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick to deal 150% more damage and restore 4% mana.
- New Level-75 Ability:
- The Windwalker can summon up to 2 elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 45% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable, or they're killed (they can be targeted and have 10% of the Monk's health).
- Spinning Fire Blossoms' damage has been adjusted to scale from weapon damage rather than attack power.
- is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Monk's next or cost no Chi.
- New Mastery: Bottled Fury
- now gains 1 charge after spending 3 Chi (was 4 Chi), increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), can stack to 20 but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation, and a user interface alert displays upon reaching 10 charges. Stacks of are cleared at the start of a raid encounter. This ability is improved by Bottled Fury.
- now causes the Monk's abilities to inflict an additional 10% damage (was 15%) on the target.
- New Level-75 Ability:
- Black Ox Statue
- The damage requirement to activate Sanctuary of the Ox has been increased by 100%. The spell tooltip has been updated to reflect the change.
- now has a 6-second cooldown (was 9 seconds).
- now provides 25% more per Mastery rating.
- Black Ox Statue
- Windwalker Monk PvP 2-piece bonus now also increases the range of .
- now has a cooldown of 2 minutes for Retribution Paladins (was 3 minutes). The cooldown remains unchanged for Holy and Protection Paladins.
- now also applies a 50% snare for 2 seconds to targets that take damage from the area of effect.
- now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.
- 's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
- now costs 5% of base mana.
- now has a cast time of 1.7 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
- 's periodic effect can no longer be dispelled. Each individual absorb effect can be dispelled instead.
- now causes melee attacks to deal 9% damage (was 6%) to targets in the area-of-effect.
- now boosts by 20/40/60% (was 33/66/100%).
- no longer requires to be active.
- can also activate from .
- now causes melee attacks to deal an additional 20% (was 16%) as Holy damage.
- now increases by 100% (was 30%) and increases the Paladin's damage with two-handed melee weapons by 15% (was 10%).
- is a new passive ability for Retribution Paladins. Absolve removes all harmful magic effects when is cast on a party member.
- Retribution 2-piece PvP set bonus now grants 1000 PvP Power (was 800).
- Tier-14 Retribution 4-piece set bonus has been changed to increase damage on all Seals and Judgment by 10%.
- The amount of healing done by , , , and have been reduced by 20%.
- is a new passive ability obtained by Discipline and Holy Priests at level 10. This ability increases the amount of healing done by , , , and by 25%. For Holy and Discipline Priests, there is no decrease to the amount of healing done by those four spells.
- 's stacking effect now also increases the healing of .
- will no longer hit enemies that are in Stealth.
- can no longer be dispelled.
- Dominate Mind now has a 1.8-second cast time (was 2.5 seconds).
- now has a 6-second duration (was 4 seconds).
- is now a passive for Holy Priests, as well as Discipline Priests.
- has been replaced with a new talent: Solace and Insanity
- For Holy and Discipline, Power Word: Solace replaces . It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner but does not trigger , is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast. Damage dealt by Power Word: Solace will heal a nearby friendly player within 40 yards of the target for 100% of the damage dealt (50% when healing the Priest).
- For Shadow, this ability causes to gain the Insanity effect on a target affected by Devouring Plague. Insanity increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per Shadow Orb consumed.
- only works from Mind Spikes that aren't instant casts from .
- has been replaced with . and can now always be cast while stunned.
- New Glyph: applies a third nearby friendly target, but costs 35% more mana.
- has been replaced with . Casting now always grants 5 seconds of immunity to silences, interrupts, and dispels.
- New Glyph: reduces the duration of Weakened Soul by 2 seconds.
- is now an instant cast ability.
- has been redesigned. It now increases the range of , , and by 10 yards.
- now increases the Priest's damage by 5% in addition to current effects.
- no longer makes the Priest untargetable by ranged attacks, and the movement impairing immunity effect is now 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- belonging to an individual Priest will no longer cast Psychic Horror on the same target twice.
- Shield Discipline now also increases all healing done by a lesser amount, but the bonus provided by Mastery has been reduced by 36%.
- damage and healing has been increased by 20%, now a cooldown of 9 seconds (was 10 seconds), and has a range of 40 yards for both friendly and hostile targets (was 40 yards for friendly and 30 yards for hostile targets).
- now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks.
- can no longer be dispelled and now provides an absorb shield equal to the average healing and absorb of the triggering spell, including criticals and Divine Aegis.
- now reduces the cost of by 25% and provides mana equal to 150% (was 200%) of the priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.
- now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage.
- The 2-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus has been replaced by the now the previous 4-piece set bonus.
- The 4-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Chakra by 25 seconds. When is active, the mana cost of is reduced by 50%.
- Tier-14 Holy/Discipline 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Penance by 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- is now a baseline ability learned at level 68 and no longer resets the cooldown on .
- has been removed.
- New Level-90 Talent:
- Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1-minute cooldown.
- New Level-60 Talent:
- now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects.
- now causes the Rogue to throw ranged shurikens coated in Lethal Poison and auto-attack at 75% damage (was 80%) for up to 10 seconds if the enemy is farther than 10 yards away.
- can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4 and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively, instead of 5 combo points and 6 seconds.
- now has a cooldown of 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- now has a cooldown of 1 minute (was 2 minutes).
- now reduces damage taken by allies in the area of effect by 20%, in addition to current effects.
- now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 10% in addition to existing effects.
- now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
- PvP set bonuses have been changed:
- Vigor is now the 4-piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 30 (was 10).
- Deadly Brew is now the 2-piece set bonus and its effects remain unchanged.
- will now deal the same damage to subsequent targets as it does to the first.
- 's damage now increases with jumps. Each jump increases the damage by 10%.
- now has a 90-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- is now available to Elemental Shaman as well as Enhancement Shaman.
- no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of .
- had its mana cost reduced by 15%.
- now increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10%, instead of 5% each.
- now adds a 6-second cooldown to .
- now absorbs 25% more damage.
- Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
- now has a chance to increase the caster's Agility for Enhancement Shaman.
- has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Shaman to heal for 30% of the damage dealt by .
- Flametongue now increases damage by 20% (was 30%), and damage by 10%.
- 's duration has been increased by 25%.
- base damage has been reduced by 33% but now always deals a critical strike. When cast on targets affected by Flame Shock, it now deals 50% more damage.
- no longer allows the Shaman to instantly destroy a totem to obtain a full 50% refund on cooldown. Any totems that have been destroyed or replaced behave as if the totem had been active for at least 1 second.
- When summoned, the has health equal to 10% of the casting Shaman's health.
- The talent now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires.
- now copies 60% (was 40%) of the amount healed.
- now shares 30% (was 20%) of the healing received from Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, or Healing Surge.
- now reduces damage taken by 10%, instead of increasing the Warlock's armor.
- has been replaced by . Blood Horror costs 5% health, has 1 charge, and lasts 60 seconds with a 30-second cooldown. While Blood Horror is active, melee attacks that strike the Warlock will cause the attacker to be horrified for 4 seconds.
- now also prevents movement-impairing effects from reducing the Warlock's movement speed below 100% of normal, in addition to its other effects.
- The Imp ability has been removed.
- now increases Stamina in addition to Spell Power.
- now deals 15% more damage.
- now deals 15% more damage.
- now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
- Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
- is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
- The passive damage from no longer has a visual effect.
- now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 25% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell instead of when a Succubus is sacrificed.
- has been removed and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
- has been removed and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
- New Glyph: . This glyph increases the healing gained from Ember Tap by 33%, but the health is restored over 10 seconds.
- New Glyph: . This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.
- has been redesigned. This glyph now reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 25%.
- now has a new visual.
- now deals 15% more damage.
- Shadowflame now deals 15% more damage.
- now deals 22% more damage.
- now deals 15% more damage.
- Wild Imp's Firebolt now deals 15% more damage.
- The benefit of Haste from items and consumables has been increased by 50% for all Warriors.
- now provides immunity to Disarm while active.
- now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
- now deals 15% less damage.
- now has a 40-second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
- now generates 15 rage (was 20 rage) over 10 seconds.
- now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as and ), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.
- now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).
- now costs 30 Rage (was 60 Rage).
- has been removed from the game.
- no longer activates from , and now activates from instead.
- is now . It increases the duration of whenever or are used.
- no longer increases the damage dealt by .
- will now heal the Warrior for 15% of maximum health when they have not slain an enemy (was 10%).
- has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of (maximum of 5 stacks) when deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with . It now requires level 20 (used to require level 50).
- now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%) and now costs 20 rage (was 30 rage).
- damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.
- now costs 20 rage (was 30) for Arms Warriors. The cost is unchanged for Fury Warriors.
- now costs 10 rage and reduces Mortal Strike's remaining cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- now has a 10% (was 20%) chance to activate from auto attacks or . In addition, using makes Overpower free for 10 seconds.
- Warlocks can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Warlocks determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled Codex of Xerrath.
- Upon reaching level 20 and level 60, characters will automatically receive a new quest directing them to visit the racial riding trainer and mount vendors.
- Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
- now respawns much more frequently, but players can only receive loot from him once per week.
- Fite spectral porcupine fite! Three new spectral porcupine spirit beasts have appeared across Pandaria as tamable beasts, though taming them may provide quite a challenge.
- Direhorns have been added as a tamable species for Hunters that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Direhorn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.
- Many new Battle Pets and Battle Pet abilities have been added.
- Players may now participate in pet battle duels while in the Throne of Thunder instance.
- Master Trainers in Northrend, Cataclysm, and will no longer field pets with higher than intended stats.
- , , , Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, , and are no longer available in multiple breeds.
- has been replaced with , an ability that always attempts to go first and causes the pet to avoid all attacks for that round.
- : and Deflection have swapped ability positions.
- has been redesigned. It is now a powerful team-damage spell.
- 's has been replaced with a new ability, , which blocks two attacks.
- 's has been replaced with a new ability, , which deals damage to the enemy team.
- The has a new set of abilities that's more appropriate for a Tuskarr Kite.
- Pets that had been affected by a crowd-control ability will now be granted Resilience, making them immune to crowd control for a short while.
- 's damage has been reduced by 15%.
- , , and 's damage has been reduced by 25%.
- 's damage has been reduced by 12.5%.
- 's base damage has been increased by 20% and its bonus damage has been reduced by 60%.
- now heals for a flat amount instead of a percentage of the damage that had been dealt.
- 's damage to back-line pets has been increased by 20%.
- now provides a 125% damage bonus, down from 150%, and lasts for 1 round.
- now properly chills targets for 2 rounds (was 4 rounds).
- now has a cooldown of 4 rounds (was 3 rounds).
- 's damage has been reduced by 20%.
- : Ghostly Bite and Siphon Life have swapped ability positions.
- now lasts for 5 rounds (was 9 rounds).
- Blocking abilities that last for 2 turns like , now have a cooldown of 8 rounds.
- now has a cooldown of 8 rounds (was 5 rounds).
- now lasts for 2 rounds (was 1 round).
- now lasts for 2 rounds (was 1 round).
- now lasts for 1 round.
- Sprite Darter Hatchling and : and have swapped ability positions.
- is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PvP Pet Battles.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.
- Level-capped players will now have a chance to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune after winning a pet battle versus a pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher-level pets will offer a better chance to earn a charm.
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest-level pet will now award player experience.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team.
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. The Beasts of Fable taming quest will now become available from or once has been defeated.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- Throne of Thunder raid bosses in Normal and Heroic difficulties have a chance of dropping items with the Thunderforged designation. Thunderforged items are 6 item levels higher than their Normal or Heroic counterparts and will drop more frequently in 25-player raids. For a more in-depth look at this change, check out this discussion thread.
- To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.
- Satchels obtained via the Raid Finder now have a chance to contain additional rewards, including: consumables, Spirits of Harmony, rare pets or mounts, and Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously unavailable from Raid Finder encounters!
- You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)
- On Normal and Heroic mode, zone-wide auras have been activated in Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, reducing the health and damage of all enemies therein by 10%. A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers.
- All players who have defeated , , and/or prior to the release of Patch 5.2 will receive a Feat of Strength, "Ahead of the Curve," to mark their accomplishments.
- Elders Lin and Liao in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms now offer Mogu Runes of Fate in exchange for Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. Mogu Runes of Fate allow for a bonus loot roll for Throne of Thunder raid bosses, the Storm Lord, and .
- The maximum number of Elder Charms of Good Fortune a character can hold has been increased to 20 (was 10).
- The chance of getting personal loot in Raid Finder and the chance of a successful bonus roll in Raid Finder have been greatly increased for the following raids, Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring.
- has two new tales to tell: Dagger in the Dark and A Little Patience. Though his mystical story-weaving magic (and well, the Dungeon Finder), both Alliance and Horde characters are now able run these previously faction-specific Scenarios.
- Level 90 players that use Dungeon Finder to look for a random Dungeon or Scenario will receive additional bonus upon completing specific Dungeons or Scenarios.
- Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 per boss. Gold drops for those bosses have also been changed from a static 50 gold to a 40-60 gold range. Less gold will drop in groups consisting of fewer than 5 players.
- Scenarios now award 50 Justice Points (was 25).
- Sunwell Plateau
- The Kalecgos encounter in The Sunwell can now be completed by a single player.
- Season 13 has begun! With the start of the new season, Tyrannical and Tyrannical Elite gear are now available for purchase.
- is now available for purchase with . This new PvP-oriented metagem offers PvP Power and Resilience.
- Characters who have earned over 27,000 Conquest points during Season 13 will gain access to new vendors that sell Conquest PvP gear for Honor. These vendors can be found near existing Pandaria PvP vendors.
- Mists of Pandaria Season 12 Malevolent Gladiator's PvP gear can now be purchased with instead of , including weapons.
- All newly purchased Season 12 Malevolent Gladiator's armor, off-hands and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
- Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0). Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing, and no bonus damage, from PvP Power.
- PvP trinkets that clear loss-of-control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.
- For casters and healers, PvP Power is now split evenly between main-hand and off-hand in a manner similar to a dual-wield melee class. This change is retroactive, affecting Season 12 Malevolent and Malevolent Elite items. There should be no net change for any character already using a main-hand/off-hand combination.
- Season 13 caster weapons cost 2250 Conquest Points (was 2500 in Season 12) and shields/off-hands cost 1250 (was 1000), to reflect the increased value of the off-hand slot for classes that use it in this manner. This change is not retroactive and applies only to Season 13 items.
- Characters that have attained requisite title levels (, , , , etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.
- Players in low-level Battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that Battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly, and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.
- Rated Battlegrounds now award Conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200 Conquest Points from a very close match.
- Players can obtain a new title "Khan", by completing the following Battleground achievements: , , , , and .
- New raid and PvP blacksmithing plans have been added, and can be acquired through daily research of Lightning Steel Ingots.
- Seasoned Blacksmiths will be able to find a way to create Lightning Steel Ingots once their realm has unlocked the Thunder Forges on the Isle of Thunder. These ingots will allow blacksmiths to recreate powerful weapons from the past, updated for Mists of Pandaria. These power weapons will be bind-on-equip and making them will take a significant amount of dedication.
- For blacksmiths who have lapsed in their trade (i.e., haven't practiced blacksmithing since the Burning Crusade), there is a (not necessarily cost efficient) way to catch-up. Blacksmiths at your faction's shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be able to teach you training plans for crafting common household items using Ghost Iron.
- The chance to fish up , and has been increased.
- Reputation gains from bringing rare Pandarian fish for to examine has been increased.
- Players with a high fishing skill have a chance to fish up new pets. The Pet Journal has clues on where these elusive pets could be found.
- Fish of the Day: On any given day, there is a location in Pandaria teeming with a type of Pandaren fishing pool.
- , located near the Halfhill Market area will inform players what the "Fish of the Day" is and mark the location on their map.
- Jewelcrafters may find the designs for Serpent's Heart and uncut Primal Diamonds during the course of their adventures (world drops).
- Serpent's Heart is a daily cooldown that consumes several Serpent's Eyes to create a random rare quality Pandaren gem. In addition, there is a small chance that a player will discover the design for the or .
- The design for uncut Primal Diamonds requires Spirits of Harmony and large quantities of uncommon gems.
- New raid and PvP patterns have been added. Leatherworkers can acquire these new patterns via the daily Magnificence of Leather or Magnificence of Scales cooldown.
- Patterns for Magnificence of Leather and Magnificence of Scales could be found via world drops. These patterns allow the leatherworker to create Magnificent Hides more economically and share a daily cooldown.
- A new 36 slot leather bag () can now be created through Leatherworking.
- Transmogrification rules have been broadened for several weapon types.
- Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
- The ethereals that offered to upgrade items using Valor or Justice Points have departed Azeroth for the moment. They may yet return in a future patch.
- The cost of Valor Point gear introduced in patch 5.0 has been reduced by 50%.
- The cost of Valor Point gear introduced in patch 5.1 has been reduced by 25%.
- Skyshards are now Bind on Account.
- Adventurers can now upgrade old heirlooms by turning in the item and paying or Darkmoon Prize Tickets, converting them into versions that provide benefits up to level 85. Note, the upgrade process will remove all enhancements on the heirloom.
- Transmogrification rules have been broadened for several weapon types.
- Item Enhancements
- Dancing Steel now has a 15% increased chance to activate.
- Seed bags have been added that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.
- The Reputation panel on the character screen will now let players know which reputations they have purchased and used Grand Commendations for.
- There is now an option to show absorb effects (such as ) on player, target, party and raid frames. This feature is currently enabled if you turn on the predictive healing option. Unlike predictive healing, absorb effects will display for enemy targets.
- Pet Battles
- Fixed an issue that would cause command-left-click to occur as right-click while using trackpad functionality.
- The Logitech LCD applet for G19/G15 keyboards will now launch with the 64-bit client.
|16826||2013-04-09||Durumu maze effects tweaks|
|16769||2013-03-25||Fixing login for 32-bit client|
|16760||2013-03-25||Unspecified bug fixes|
|16733||2013-03-20||Unspecified bug fixes|
|16716||2013-03-19||Unspecified bug fixes|
|16709||2013-03-15||Unspecified bug fixes|
|16701||2013-03-14||Fixed premature closing of dialog boxes|
|16685||2013-03-12||Fixed an exploit with mining/herbalism resource nodes|
|16683||2013-03-11||Fixed a compatibility issue with Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm|
|16669||2013-03-08||Fixed a Battle.net exploit|