November 2, 2018
March 12, 2019
|Latest version date|
June 5, 2019
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Patches category|
- 1 Survival Guide
- 2 Allied Races - Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Troll Now Available
- 3 New Quests
- 4 Brawler's Guild is Back
- 5 Wintergrasp is now an Epic Battleground
- 6 New Raid - Crucible of Storms
- 7 Warlords of Draenor Timewalking
- 8 Battleground Updates
- 9 Pet Battles
- 10 New Portal Rooms
- 11 Holiday Updates
- 12 Achievements
- 13 Characters
- 14 Classes
- 15 Creatures
- 16 Dungeons
- 17 Island Expeditions
- 18 Items
- 19 Player versus Player
- 20 Professions
- 21 Rewards
- 22 User Interface
- 23 World
- 24 Companion App
- 25 Bug Fixes
- 26 References
The patch was deployed on the Public Test Realm on January 8, 2018.
Last patch notes update: 2019-03-11
Allied Races - Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Troll Now Available
Take the final steps to bring new comrades into your faction. Level 120 players who wish to create a Kul Tiran will need to reach Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty and earn the achievements and . Those wanting to create a Zandalari character must be level 120, reach Exalted with Zandalari Empire and earn the and achievements. Once you complete the requirements, visit the Alliance embassy in Stormwind or Horde embassy in Orgrimmar to begin a quest chain to recruit these new Allied races.
- Kul Tiras was founded by fearless explorers who sailed uncharted waters in search of adventure. As a key member of the Alliance of Lordaeron, the Kul Tiran navy dominated the seas of Azeroth with its legendary fleet.
- The Zandalari are a proud people whose origins date back to the early days of Azeroth's history. Their fierce warriors ride dinosaurs into battle, and they possess one of the most formidable naval fleets in the known world.
Many new stories and adventures are now available across Azeroth.
The War Campaign Continues
Sylvanas's latest scheme causes Baine Bloodhoof to seek out Jaina Proudmoore, far from prying eyes. Speak to Bluffwatcher Proudscar in Zuldazar or Halford Wyrmbane in Boralus to further your faction's agenda in this time of strife.
Tools of the Trade
Embark on all new profession questlines for Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, and Tailoring, each culminating in an epic reward. If you've reached level 150 in Kul Tiran or Zandalari professions, return to your main profession trainer(s) in Boralus and Zuldazar to get started.
Seek out the Speaker and speak with him to seek the understanding you'll need to address the fate of Azeroth. Level 120 players should heed Magni's call to continue the story and earn an item-level increase to your .
All level 120 Hunters of Azeroth should speak to the Image of Mimiron located in Tradewinds Market in Boralus or the Great Bazaar in Zuldazar. You'll discover more about Hati's whereabouts and make a future with your spirited companion by your side once again.
New Naga World Quests
Beneath the depths something sinister stirs...
The serpentine forces of Queen Azshara are boldly venturing onto the beaches of Kul Tiras and Zandalar—strike them down!
New Tortollan World Quests
A turtle made it to the water? Not on your watch.
Brawler's Guild is Back
There's a murder mystery afoot, and you're going to have to fight to find the answers. Available at level 120, this series of rowdy boss fights is open once again in Bizmo's Brawlpub near the Deeprun Tram in Stormwind and Brawl'gar Arena in the Ring of Valor in Orgrimmar. Of course, Brawler’s Guild is accessible by invitation only, so if you've never been inside, you'll need to acquire an invitation. Enemies of the opposite faction in Zandalar and Kul Tiras now drop invitations, and a new vendor named A. Shady occasionally has them for sale in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Brawler's Guild has new bosses, a new questline, new transmog gear to be won, and a new mount: Bruce (mount)! He's a good boy.
Wintergrasp is now an Epic Battleground
War is rekindled in the frozen north! For the first week of this content update, Wintergrasp is featured as a Brawl. Thereafter, you'll find Wintergrasp in the Epic Battleground selection in Group Finder (default hotkey: i).
New Raid - Crucible of Storms
Beneath Stormsong, dark secrets of the Old Gods have been kept for ages. Beginning the week of April 16, 2019, assemble your raid and face the fearsome servants of N'Zoth in two boss encounters: Restless Cabal and Uu'nat.
Check out how Arathi Basin now looks with a new Brawl: Arathi Comp Stomp. You and other players will team up to fight against AI enemies, starting the week of March 19 when it becomes available for the first time.
Many new, fierce little counterparts are now here to fight for you.
Wondrous new companions have been discovered in three Mists of Pandaria raids – Mogu'shan Vaults, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Heart of Fear. Collect all eleven mighty, tiny beings to experience happiness and to earn —a unique new pet that could only come from Pandaria.
New Mechanical Parrot quest
New Portal Rooms
Children's Week has been updated with new quests, new rewards, four new pets, and new Kul Tiran and Zandalari orphans. Other holiday additions include:
For a for a very limited time later this year, enjoy the wonders of:
- The new achievement rewards those players complete the War Campaign on both Alliance and Horde characters. Unlock two new, unique mounts: the wolf for your Alliance characters and the horse for your Horde characters.
- The limit on the number of characters that can be created on a realm has been removed. The account-wide character limit remains at 50.
- , , and can now be canceled by pressing the button a second time, after a short delay.
- Death Knight
- mana cost reduced by 66%.
- mana cost reduced by 60%.
- now grants 40 Astral Power.
- now has an additional visual effect on the target's feet.
- Juggernaut pets from Siege of Orgrimmar are now able to be tamed when at or above level 90.
- root duration increased to 8 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Beast Mastery
- Barbed Shot damage increased by 125%.
- Barbed Shot's bleed damage now ignores the target's armor.
- damage increased by 25%.
- If your primary target of is dead or despawns, a new primary target will be picked for dealing bonus damage.
- Fury of Xuen stacking buff is now cancelled when an encounter begins.
- mana cost reduced by 60%.
- mana cost increased by 200%.
- mana cost reduced by 60%.
- mana cost reduced by 70%.
- 's channel time reduced to 5 seconds (was 6 seconds) and is now affected by Haste. The amount of mana returned is unchanged.
- Symbol of Hope can now be correctly cast while in .
- mana cost reduced by 50%.
- mana cost reduced by 75%.
- now additionally causes an instantaneous heal divided over all nearby allies.
- Ascendance no longer replicates healing from Spouting Spirits (Azerite Trait).
- now costs 400 mana (was 0 mana).
- now displays a spell alert while active.
- Demonic Core now has a new spell alert graphic.
- and can no longer be used if you do not have any Wild Imps.
- Implosion will now show the number of your active imps on the button.
- A few of the rarest creatures in Azeroth again can only be looted by the first group to engage them. This includes Aeonaxx, Alani, and Time-Lost Proto Drake.
- Credit for the weekly quest now requires completion of all dungeon objectives (previously required only the last boss).
- Several non-boss enemies have been removed in dungeons while Teeming is active.
- Tormented Souls will now try to get closer to their target before casting Grave Bolt.
- Many low health creatures in dungeons will no longer trigger On Death affixes in Mythic Keystone Dungeons, such as the Animated Droplets or Dredged Sailors in Shrine of the Storm.
- Kings' Rest
- Mythic Keystone time limit increased by 3 minutes.
- Added a warning visual to Suppression Slam.
- Shrine of the Storm
- Siege of Boralus
- Call of the Deep missile speed reduced by 40%.
- Temple of Sethraliss
- Charged Dust Devil's Lightning Bolt now respects school lockout.
- Shrouded Fang Blade Flurry now triggers a cooldown on spell start. Cast time increased to 1.5 seconds (was 1.0 seconds).
- Cyclone Strike and Static Shock damage reduced by 25%.
- Scaled Krolusk Rider's Noxious Breath impact damage reduced by 40%.
- Electrified Scales damage effect now has a 0.5 second cooldown.
- The MOTHERLODE
- Venture Co. Alchemists now create a Risen Soul when Reaping is active.
- Added Island Expedition armor tokens to the vendor for players leveling through islands to create gear for their item level. The tokens are Bind on Account so players with excess Dubloons can buy them and send them to their alts.
- Updated Seafarer's Dubloon bags so that at least one will always drop from an Island Expedition victory. This change significantly increases the amount of Dubloons a player will get as they complete their weekly islands.
- Krom Stoutarm in Ironforge's Hall of Explorers and Estelle Gendry on Orgrimmar's main gate now offer new Battle-Hardened Heirloom upgrade tokens that will allow your Heirlooms to scale to level 120.
- The costs to purchase all Heirloom upgrade tokens with gold have been reduced.
- and trinket buffs are now cleared consistently on encounter, arena, and battleground start.
- Developers' notes: It was not our intention that these items require extra preparation prior to a boss pull. The Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism’s effect was already cleared at the start of a rated PvP match, so this change makes them both consistent between PvP and non-PvP encounters. We have increased the effect of the Sliver by 6% and the Prism by 15% to offset this change in behavior.
- All Quest rewards from Classic through the Warlords of Draenor expansion now have a chance to upgrade up to Epic quality.
- Whenever the cost of reforging a piece of Azerite armor will be higher than 1,000 gold, there is now an additional confirmation step.
- Bonded Souls healing reduced by 40%.
- Seductive Power's Bwonsamdi has been made easier to see.
- Death Knight
- Beast Mastery
- 's tooltip damage displayed has been lowered commensurate with Barbed Shot now ignoring armor. Its total effective damage remains unchanged.
- Beast Mastery
- Brain Storm now activates .
- Glory of the Dawn now also deals 35% more damage during Storm, Earth, and Fire.
- Roiling Storm now causes you to gain Stormbringer every 20 seconds and causes your Stormbringer-empowered Stormstrikes to deal additional damage.
Player versus Player
- Players who have earned their seasonal mount reward in rated PvP may now progress toward earning Vicious Saddles, up to a maximum of 10 Vicious Saddles per season.
- Holy Word: Concentration mana cost increased by 20%.
- now costs 3000 mana (was 0 mana).
- now increases Armor by 150% (was 275%).
- During Battle for Azeroth Season 1, we identified that Warlocks were taking too much damage from physical sources during PvP. We remedied this by adding a new PvP talent, Demon Armor, which increased their physical mitigation to match characters wearing Plate Armor. As we've been monitoring Season 2, we feel that the armor increase caused Warlocks to become too tanky in the current meta. This change effectively brings their physical mitigation close to that of Mail Armor (about 36% at ilvl 415), when it was previously similar to Plate Armor (about 45% at ilvl 415).
- now increases Armor by 150% (was 275%).
- Skinning beasts in the Monk class hall now awards Classic Skinning points.
- Bosses in Battle of Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms now drop 450 Artifact Power (was 250).
- Emissary quests whose primary reward is Azerite now grant 1500 Artifact Power (was 1000).
- Artifact Power rewards in the weekly reward cache have been increased by 500 AP at each level.
- Artifact Power rewards in the weekly PvP reward cache have been increased by 500 AP at each PvP rank (Combatant, Challenger, etc.)
- Honorbound and 7th Legion reputation vendors now sell an account bound that can be sent to your alts.
- Visual improvements have been made to many PvP Battleground objective trackers.
- New Assassin and Flag Carrier nameplate badges now appear on characters in world PvP.
- The difficulty level a piece of Dungeon or Raid gear from Legion and Battle for Azeroth content is now displayed when viewing items in the Appearances UI.
- Raid Profiles now auto-activate with group size settings as intended.
- Several transportation portals in previous expansion content have been removed.
- Non-Raid Boss Training Dummies in capital cities now scale with your level.
- Added Calendar support – manage personal, community, and guild events, and view upcoming holidays.
- Added support for WoW Community and Guild chat.
- Updated support for new World Quests.
- The eating animation no longer distorts the upper part of the body for Highmountain Tauren Druid Bears.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Randomize Name function from working correctly for new Human characters.
- Worgen Females should no longer make the kiss sound twice when they
- Fixed a bug that could cause some bow-wielding players to appear in dressing rooms with two bows.
- Moonglade, , and have been rebuilt and should now return you to a more accurate location.
- Death Knight
- Razorice's Frost Vulnerability now only affects class abilities.
- 's cooldown reduction now considers 's cost reduction to .
- Demon Hunter
- Beast Mastery Hunters no longer incorrectly resurrect with less than maximum focus.
- Fixed an issue where several abilities did not correctly apply the Mystic Touch debuff.
- Inner Strength will now correctly work when using an ability that has its cost modified to make it consume no Chi, such as Serenity.
- Fixed a bug that caused some spirits to not despawn when expected.
- Fixed several issues with Storm, Earth, and Fire clones not correctly applying the Mark of the Crane debuff.
- Dance of Chi-Ji now correctly increases the damage from your Storm, Earth, and Fire clones.
- Open Palm Strikes will no longer fail to be able to generate any Chi if your primary target of Fists of Fury dies.
- Pressure Point trait now correctly increases damage dealt by your Storm, Earth, and Fire clones.
- Sunrise Technique will now correctly work with Storm, Earth, and Fire clones.
- Fixed a bug causing Rogues to sometimes remain visible and targetable immediately after casting Vanish.
- Dungeons and Raids
- Failing to complete a keystone in time no longer causes your displayed best dungeon completed for the week to be inaccurate.
- Battle of Dazar'alor
- A number of character behavioral issues affecting players while transformed into the opposite faction have been fixed. These include fixes to Paladins' and Shadow Priests' language after exiting .
- Fixed a bug that caused the coin shower visual to sometimes persist longer than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Legion items to drop with a restriction of level 120 for use. These items should now be usable at level 110, as intended.
- The should no longer appear to be smaller than expected alongside Gnomes and Goblins.
- The and should no longer sometimes appear as a standard .
- Many items that grant companion pets have been adjusted in rarity, to better match the rarity of the resultant pet. The quality of pets was not changed.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing several bosses from correctly dropping hard mode loot in Ulduar.
- A number of unique items are no longer mailed to you when they drop subsequent to you first receiving them.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Azerite powers to not function correctly following a gear swap.
- Player versus Player
- Fixed a bug that prevented some guard posts from spawning guards when players attacked nearby.
- A loss in rated PvP should no longer trigger a bonus roll.
- Alterac Valley
- Cooking Impossible
- Mounting up while Carrying Turnips should no longer place the player's camera inside the Ripe Turnip.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to lose materials if you began disenchanting while another item was being disenchanted, with auto loot disabled.
- Fixed a bug with the Jade Forest assault on Garroshar Point that caused severe performance drops during the sequence with Admiral Rogers.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to be unable to see their character after completing "".
- Players should now retain progress on "" if they leave the area.
- Players no longer experience lag or input lag when playing through "Hold the Ridge".
- Pinky is now always hostile when appropriate during "".
- Fixed a bug that caused some quest enemies to evade unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue that could cause low framerates in Corlain Aviary.