Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Returns information about a specific black market auction.
name, texture, quantity, itemType, usable, level, levelType, sellerName, minBid, minIncrement, currBid, youHaveHighBid, numBids, timeLeft, link, marketID = C_BlackMarket.GetHotItem() = C_BlackMarket.GetItemInfoByIndex(index) = C_BlackMarket.GetItemInfoByID(marketID)
You can use
GetHotItem to retrieve information about a "Hot Item!" auction picked by the server,
GetItemInfoByIndex to iterate through all auctions, and
GetItemInfoByID to retrieve information about specific auctions. These three functions have identical return values.
- index (Number) - black market auction index, ascending from 1 to C_BlackMarket.GetNumItems()
- marketID (Number) - black market auction ID.
- String - item name; nil if no such auction exists.
- String - icon texture path.
- Number - amount of the item included in the auction.
- String - item type, e.g. "Quest", "Mail", or "Companion Pet"
- Number - item level requirement.
- String - e.g. "REQ_LEVEL_ABBR"
- String - localized name of the NPC "selling" the item.
- Number - minimum amount of copper you can bid for this item.
- Number - minimum amount of copper you must increase the current bid by.
- Number - the maximum current bid in copper.
- Boolean - true if your bid on this item is currently the highest bid, false otherwise.
- Number - number of bids made on this item.
- Number - token indicating remaining auction duration, 0 for completed auctions, larger values indicate larger remaining durations. For a localized text version, use
_G["AUCTION_TIME_LEFT" .. timeLeft].
- String - Chat link of the item being auctioned.
- Number - Black Market auction ID of this auction.
- These functions will only return information when the black market UI is open (according to the server, i.e. BLACK_MARKET_OPEN has fired, and BLACK_MARKET_CLOSE has not fired since).
- You may refresh available information by calling C_BlackMarket.RequestItems; BLACK_MARKET_ITEM_UPDATE fires to indicate that the return values of these functions may have changed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.