Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Returns whether an item can be transmogrified to look like another item.
canBeTransmogrified, failReason = C_Transmog.CanTransmogItemWithItem(targetItem, sourceItem)
- String/Number : item name, item link, or item ID of the item that will change its appearance
- String/Number: item name, item link, or item ID of the item the appearance of which will be copied.
- Boolean - true if targetItem can be transmogrified to look like sourceItem, false otherwise.
- String/nil - If the items cannot be transmogrified, a token indicating the cause:
- "MISMATCH" - Items are of different types, or one of the items is a vanity item (e.g. ).
- "NO_ITEM" - The character doesn't own both of the items involved.
- "NO_STATS" - One of the items has no stats (e.g. an item with a random suffix identified by ID rather than link).
- "LEGENDARY" - One of the items is legendary.
- "INVALID_TYPE" - Item type cannot be used for transmogrification (e.g. non-equitable items, fishing poles)