Returns the command name and all keys currently bound to the specified binding.
command, category, key1, key2, ... = GetBinding(index[, mode])
- Number - index of the binding to query, from 1 to GetNumBindings().
- Number (optional, defaults to 1) - ?
- String - Command this binding will perform (e.g. MOVEFORWARD). For well-behaved bindings, a human-readable description is stored in the
_G["BINDING_NAME_" .. command]global variable.
- String - Category this binding was declared in (e.g. BINDING_HEADER_MOVEMENT). For well-behaved bindings, a human-readable title is stored in the
- key1, key2, ...
- String - Key combination this binding is bound to (e.g. W, CTRL-F)
local function dumpBinding(command, category, ...) local cmdName = _G["BINDING_NAME_" .. command] local catName = _G[category] print(("%s > %s (%s) is bound to:"):format(catName or "?", cmdName or "?", command), strjoin(", ", ...)) end dumpBinding(GetBinding(5)) -- "Movement Keys > Turn Right (TURNRIGHT) is bound to: D, RIGHT"
Even though the default Key Binding window only shows up to two bindings for each command, it is actually possible to bind more using SetBinding, and this function will return all of the keys bound to the given command, not just the first two.