→ WoW API
Returns information about the specified channel.
id, name, instanceID = GetChannelName(id or "name")
- Number - Channel id to query, e.g. 1 for the chat channel currently addressable using /1.
- String - Name of the channel to query, e.g. "Trade - City".
- Number - the id of the channel, or 0 if the channel is not found
- String - the name of the channel, e.g. "Trade - Stormwind", or nil if the player is not in the queried channel.
- Number - ?, usually 0.
- Note that querying GetChannelName("Trade - City") may return values which appear to be valid even while the player is not a city. Consider using
GetChannelName((GetChannelName("Trade - City"))) > 0to check whether you really have access to the Trade channel.