As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Returns information about the specified channel.
id, name, instanceID = GetChannelName(id or "name")
- Number - Channel id to query, e.g. 1 for the chat channel currently addressable using /1.
- String - Name of the channel to query, e.g. "Trade - City".
- Number - the id of the channel, or 0 if the channel is not found
- String - the name of the channel, e.g. "Trade - Stormwind", or nil if the player is not in the queried channel.
- Number - ?, usually 0.
- Note that querying GetChannelName("Trade - City") may return values which appear to be valid even while the player is not a city. Consider using
GetChannelName((GetChannelName("Trade - City"))) > 0to check whether you really have access to the Trade channel.