Returns information about the specified channel.
id, name, instanceID, isCommunitiesChannel = GetChannelName(id or "name")
- number - Channel ID to query, e.g. 1 for the chat channel currently addressable using /1.
- string - Name of the channel to query, e.g. "Trade - City".
- number - The ID of the channel, or 0 if the channel is not found.
- string - The name of the channel, e.g. "Trade - Stormwind", or nil if the player is not in the queried channel.
- number - Index used to deduplicate channels. Usually zero, unless two channels with the same name exist.
- boolean - True if this is a Blizzard Communities channel, false if not.
- Note that querying GetChannelName("Trade - City") may return values which appear to be valid even while the player is not a city. Consider using
GetChannelName((GetChannelName("Trade - City"))) > 0to check whether you really have access to the Trade channel.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added