Returns information about a class.
className, classFile, classID = GetClassInfo(classIndex)
- number - a number between 1 and GetNumClasses()
- string - Localized class name, suitable for use in user interfaces; e.g. "Mage", "Warrior", "Guerrier".
- string - Localization-independent class name, used as some table keys; e.g. "MAGE", "WARRIOR", "DEATHKNIGHT".
- number - Numeric localization-independent class ID. (Added in 5.0.1)
- For any type of data tracking, use the second or third parameter, since they are guaranteed to stay the same in different-language clients. This is especially important in Europe, where it is not uncommon for people with e.g. german or french client software to play on english servers.
- You can use FillLocalizedClassList to obtain a table mapping
classFilevalues to locale-dependent class names.
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.