Returns information about the specified faction or faction header in the player's reputation pane.
name, description, standingID, barMin, barMax, barValue, atWarWith, canToggleAtWar, isHeader, isCollapsed, hasRep, isWatched, isChild, factionID, hasBonusRepGain, canBeLFGBonus = GetFactionInfo(factionIndex)
name, description, standingID, barMin, barMax, barValue, atWarWith, canToggleAtWar, isHeader, isCollapsed, hasRep, isWatched, isChild, factionID, hasBonusRepGain, canBeLFGBonus = GetFactionInfoByID(factionID)
Arguments for GetFactionInfo
- Number - Index of the faction to query. Indices correspond to the rows currently displayed in the player's reptuation pane, and include headers, but do not include factions that are not currently displayed because their parent header is collapsed.
Arguments for GetFactionInfoByID
- Number (FactionID)- Unique numeric identifier for the faction
Returns for both functions
- String - Name of the faction
- String - Description of the faction, as shown in the detail pane that appears when you click on the faction row
- Number (StandingId) - Index of the player's current standing (eg. 4 for Neutral, 5 for Friendly, etc.) with the faction
- Number - Minimum reputation required to reach the current standing (0 for Neutral, 3000 for Friendly, etc.)
- Number - Maximum reputation that can be earned with the faction before graduating to the next standing (3000 for Neutral, 6000 for Friendly, etc.)
- Number - Total reputation the player has earned with the faction (starting from 0 at the beginning of Neutral, so a player who is 1500/6000 Friendly would have 3000 for Neutral + 1500 into Friendly for a total reputation of 4500)
- Flag - 1 if the player is at war with the faction, nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the player can toggle the "At War" checkbox for the faction, nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the faction is a header (collapsible group title, eg. Cataclysm, Horde Forces, or Valiance Expedition), nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the faction is a header and is currently collapsed, nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the faction is a header and has its own reputation (eg. The Tillers), nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the "Show as Experience Bar" checkbox for the faction is currently checked, nil otherwise
- Flag - 1 if the faction is a second-level header (eg. Sholazar Basin) or is the child of a second-level header (eg. The Oracles), nil otherwise
- factionID (New in 5.0)
- Number (FactionID) - Unique numeric identifier for the faction
- hasBonusRepGain (New in 5.2)
- Flag - 1 if the player has purchased a Grand Commendation to unlock bonus reputation gains with this faction, nil otherwise
- canBeLFGBonus (New in 5.2)
- Flag - 1 if the player can select the faction for earning bonus reputation through the LFG system, nil otherwise
Top-level headers (eg. Cataclysm or Classic) return values for standingID, barMin, and barMax as if the player were at 0/3000 Neutral with a faction (4, 0, and 3000 respectively) except for the Inactive header, which returns values of 0.
Other headers that do not have their own reputation (eg. Sholazar Basin or Steamwheedle Cartel) return values for their child faction with which the player has the highest reputation. For example, if the player is 999/1000 Exalted with Booty Bay, 2900/21000 Revered with Everlook, 5300/12000 Honored with Gadgetzan, and 10/6000 Friendly with Ratchet, querying the Steamwheedle Cartel header will return the standingId, barMin, and barMax values for Booty Bay.
Within the game reputation is shown as a formatted value of XXXX/YYYYY (eg. 1234/12000) but outside of the reputation tab these values are not avaliable directly. The game uses a flat value for reputation.
The earnedValue returned by GetFactionInfo( ) is NOT the value on your reputation bars, but instead the distance your reputation has moved from 0 (1/3000 Neutral). All reputations given by the game are simply the number of reputation points from the 0 point, Neutral and above are positive reputations, anything below Neutral is a negative value and must be treated as such for any reputation calculations.
|Game Value||Standing||Earned Value||Breakdown|
|1600/6000||Friendly||4600||3000 + 1600|
|11000/12000||Honored||20000||3000 + 6000 + 11000|
|2500/3000||Hostile||-3500||-3000 + -500|
Notice that for negative reputation that the Earned value is how far below 0 your reputation is, not how far till Hated or Exalted.
Usage Example #1
for factionIndex = 1, GetNumFactions() do local name, description, standingId, bottomValue, topValue, earnedValue, atWarWith, canToggleAtWar, isHeader, isCollapsed, hasRep, isWatched, isChild, factionID = GetFactionInfo(factionIndex) if hasRep or not isHeader then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Faction: " .. name .. " - " .. earnedValue) end end
Prints the name and total reputation earned for every faction currently displayed in the player's reputation pane:
Faction: Cenarion Circle - 2785 Faction: Argent Dawn - 405 Faction: Thunder Bluff - 15042
Usage Example #2
The above code will only loop over those factions that are currently displayed in the faction panel, thus excluding all factions inside collapsed headers. To loop over all factions, including the hidden ones, you can use the following code to expand each collapsed header:
local numFactions = GetNumFactions() local factionIndex = 1 while (factionIndex <= numFactions) do local name, description, standingId, bottomValue, topValue, earnedValue, atWarWith, canToggleAtWar, isHeader, isCollapsed, hasRep, isWatched, isChild, factionID, hasBonusRepGain, canBeLFGBonus = GetFactionInfo(factionIndex) if isHeader and isCollapsed then ExpandFactionHeader(factionIndex) numFactions = GetNumFactions() end if hasRep or not isHeader then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Faction: " .. name .. " - " .. earnedValue) end factionIndex = factionIndex + 1 end