Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Returns information about the instance lock timer for the current instance.
lockTimeleft, isPreviousInstance, encountersTotal, encountersComplete = GetInstanceLockTimeRemaining()
- Number - Seconds until lock period ends.
- Boolean - Whether this instance has yet to be entered since last lockout expired (allowing for lock extension options).
- Number - Total number of bosses in the instance.
- Number - Number of bosses already dead in the instance.
- On the continent of Pandaria, unlike other open world continents,
encountersTotalis reported as 4. According to GetInstanceLockTimeRemainingEncounter, this corresponds with the first 4 Pandaria world bosses of the expansion - Galleon, Sha of Anger, Nalak, and Oondasta.
- As of patch 5.4, the new world boss system isolates non-instance lockouts to GetNumSavedWorldBosses and GetSavedWorldBossInfo. It is likely that interacting with those bosses or their loot no longer has any effect on the old instance-based system represented by this function.
Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
isPreviousInstance return value added.