Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Returns the effect of upgrading an item on one of its effects.
leftText, rightText = GetItemUpgradeEffect(effectIndex)
- Number - Index of the effect to query, ascending from 1 to GetNumItemUpgradeEffects().
- String - effect text before the item upgrade (e.g. "When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 3,386 critical strike for 30 sec.")
- String - effect text after the item upgrade (e.g. "When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 3,649 critical strike for 30 sec.")
- The function returns information about the item currently being considered for an upgrade (e.g. using SetItemUpgradeFromCursorItem).
- Item effects are non-stat bonuses on the item, like custom Equip: bonuses (procs) and Use: abilities.
- The strings returned by this function are plain text; FrameXML attempts to highlight the differences in numbers using string operations (see ItemUpgradeFrame_GetUpgradedEffectString)
Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.