→ WoW API
Returns the effect of upgrading an item on one of its effects.
leftText, rightText = GetItemUpgradeEffect(effectIndex)
- Number - Index of the effect to query, ascending from 1 to GetNumItemUpgradeEffects().
- String - effect text before the item upgrade (e.g. "When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 3,386 critical strike for 30 sec.")
- String - effect text after the item upgrade (e.g. "When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 3,649 critical strike for 30 sec.")
- The function returns information about the item currently being considered for an upgrade (e.g. using SetItemUpgradeFromCursorItem).
- Item effects are non-stat bonuses on the item, like custom Equip: bonuses (procs) and Use: abilities.
- The strings returned by this function are plain text; FrameXML attempts to highlight the differences in numbers using string operations (see ItemUpgradeFrame_GetUpgradedEffectString)
Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.