Returns various network statistics.
bandwidthIn, bandwidthOut, latencyHome, latencyWorld = GetNetStats()
- Number - Current incoming bandwidth (download) usage, measured in KB/s.
- Number - Current outgoing bandwidth (upload) usage, measured in KB/s.
- Number - Average roundtrip latency to the home realm server (only updated every 30 seconds).
- Number - Average roundtrip latency to the current world server (only updated every 30 seconds).
Home/World latency (updated) - 4.0.6 | 2011-02-11 19:54 | Gelmkar
World is a reference to the connection to our servers that transmits all the other data... combat, data from the people around you (specs, gear, enchants, etc.), NPCs, mobs, casting, professions, etc. Going into a highly populated zone (like a capital city) will drastically increase the amount of data being sent over this connection and will raise the reported latency.
Prior to 4.0.6, the in-game latency monitor only showed 'World' latency, which caused a lot of confusion for people who had no lag while chatting, but couldn't cast or interact with NPCs and ended up getting kicked offline. We hoped that including the latency meters for both connections would assist in clarifying this for everyone.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now returns both home and world latency, instead of just world latency.