→ WoW API
Returns basic information about another player from their GUID.
className, classId, raceName, raceId, gender, name, realm = GetPlayerInfoByGUID("guid")
- String (GUID) - The GUID of the player you're querying about.
- String - Localized class name, suitable for use in user interfaces.
- String - Localization-independent class ID, suitable for use as table keys.
- String - Localized race name, suitable for use in user interfaces.
- String - Localization-independent race ID, suitable for use as table keys.
- String - Gender ID of the character, as a number. 2 for male, or 3 for female.
- String - Full name of the specified character. The realm is appended with a dash if it differs from the player's.
- String - Realm of the character in question. The empty string "" is returned if the specified character is from the same realm as the player.
- This function was added in Patch 3.2
- The information is not encoded in the GUID itself; as such, no data is available until the client has encountered the queried GUID.