→ WoW API
Returns information about a quest objective.
description, objectiveType, isCompleted = GetQuestLogLeaderBoard(i, [questIndex])
- Number - Index of the quest objective to query, ascending from 1 to GetNumQuestLeaderBoards(questIndex).
- Optional Number - Index of the quest log entry to query, ascending from 1 to GetNumQuestLogEntries. If not provided or invalid, defaults to the currently selected quest (via SelectQuestLogEntry)
- String - Text description of the objective, e.g. "0/3 Monsters slain"
- String - A token describing objective type, one of "item", "object", "monster", "reputation", "log", "event", "player", or "progressbar".
- Boolean - true if sub-objective is completed, false otherwise
The following function attempts to parse the description message to figure out exact progress towards the objective:
function GetLeaderBoardDetails (boardIndex,questIndex) local description, objectiveType, isCompleted = GetQuestLogLeaderBoard (boardIndex,questIndex); local itemName, numItems, numNeeded = description:match("(.*):%s*([%d]+)%s*/%s*([%d]+)"); return objectiveType, itemName, numItems, numNeeded, isCompleted; end -- returns eg. "monster", "Young Nightsaber slain", 1, 7, nil
- The type "player" was added in WotLK, which is used by and probably other quests.
- The type "log" was added sometime around patch 3.3.0, and seems to have replaced many instances of "event".
- Only ever found one quest, that had an "object" objective.
descriptionreturn value can be incomplete under some circumstances, with localized item or NPC names missing from the text.