→ WoW API
Returns info about a specific encounter from a saved instance lockout.
bossName, fileDataID, isKilled, unknown4 = GetSavedInstanceEncounterInfo(instanceIndex, encounterIndex)
- Number - Index from 1 to GetNumSavedInstances()
- Number - Index from 1 to the number of encounters in the instance. For multi-part raids, this includes bosses that are not in that raid section, so the first boss in the second wing of a Raid Finder raid could actually have an encounterIndex of '4'.
- String - The localized name of the encounter in question
- Number - The ID number for a texture associated with the encounter, usually an achievement icon. If Blizzard hasn't designated one for the encounter, expect this return to be nil.
- Boolean - True if you have killed/looted the boss since the last reset period
- Boolean - Unused by Blizzard, has an unknown purpose, and seems to always be false
/dump GetSavedInstanceEncounterInfo(1,1) => "Vigilant Kaathar", nil, true, false
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.
- GetNumSavedInstances - Counts number of instances this function applies to
- GetLFGDungeonEncounterInfo - A moderately similar function to this one, except it works off of dungeon IDs instead of saved instance indexes
- GetSavedInstanceInfo - A more generic function; it allows you to pull up information on the dungeon itself instead of the individual encounters