→ WoW API
Returns information about the specified specialization.
id, name, description, icon, role, class = GetSpecializationInfoByID(specID)
- Number - Specialization ID of the specialization to query, returned from GetInspectSpecialization.
- Number - specialization ID.
- String - specialization name, e.g. "Balance".
- String - description of the specialization, e.g. "Can take on the form of a powerful Moonkin, balancing the power of Arcane and Nature magic to destroy enemies at a distance."
- String - Texture path to this specialization's icon.
- String - This specialization's intended role in a party, one of "DAMAGER", "TANK", "HEALER".
- String - Localization-independent class name, used as some table keys; e.g. "MAGE", "WARRIOR", "DEATHKNIGHT".
- Warning: As of 2012/07/12, this seems to be quite often buggy: The return of GetInspectSpecialization() should be a number less than 500, but sometimes is far greater and not interpretable. FrameXML is therefore 'validating' the value by calling GetSpecializationRoleByID(), and only if that returns a non-nil value, it decodes the number with GetSpecializationInfoByID().
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.