Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
→ WoW API
Returns the name of a Title ID.
name, playerTitle = GetTitleName(titleId)
- number - Ranging from 1 to GetNumTitles. Not necessarily an index as there can be missing/skipped IDs in between.
- string - Name of the title.
- boolean - Seems to be true for all existing titles.
- If the name has a trailing space, then the title is prefixed, otherwise it's suffixed.
/dump GetTitleName(2) -- "Corporal " → Corporal Bob (prefix)
/dump GetTitleName(36) -- "Champion of the Naaru" → Alice, Champion of the Naaru (suffix)
- If the suffix starts with an uppercase char then a comma is added. Exceptions are single word suffixes as "Jenkins" and "Ironbane".
"%s, Champion of the Frozen Wastes"and
"%s, Destroyer's End"have a comma.
"%s the Explorer"and
"%s Jenkins"don't have a comma.
- The foolproof way to determine prefix/suffix would be by parsing CharTitles.db2
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.