|This is no longer a part of the World of Warcraft API.
Retrieves information about a specific trade skill.
skillName, skillType, numAvailable, isExpanded, altVerb, numSkillUps, indentLevel, showProgressBar, currentRank, maxRank, startingRank = GetTradeSkillInfo(skillIndex)
- Number - The id of the skill you want to query.
skillName, skillType, numAvailable, isExpanded, altVerb, numSkillUps
- String - The name of the skill, e.g. "Copper Breastplate" or "Daggers", if the skillIndex references to a heading.
- String - "header", if the skillIndex references to a heading; "subheader", if the skillINdex references a subheader for things like the cooking specialties; or a string indicating the difficulty to craft the item ("trivial", "easy", "medium", "optimal", "difficult").
- Number - The number of items the player can craft with his available trade goods.
- Boolean - Returns if the header of the skillIndex is expanded in the crafting window or not
- String - If not nil, a verb other than "Create" which describes the trade skill action (i.e., for Enchanting, this returns "Enchant"). If nil the expected verb is "Create."
- Number - The number of skill ups that the player can receive by crafting this item.
- Number - 0 or 1, indicates whether this skill should be indented beneath its header. Used for specialty subheaders and their recipes.
- Boolean - indicates if a sub-progressbar must be displayed with the specialty current and max ranks. In the normal UI, those values are only shown when the mouse is over the sub-header.
- Number - is a the current rank for the specialty if showProgressBar is true.
- Number - is a the maximum rank for the specialty if showProgressBar is true.
- Number - is the starting rank where the specialty is available. It is used as the starting value of the progress bar.
local name, type; for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do name, type, _, _, _, _ = GetTradeSkillInfo(i); if (name and type ~= "header") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Found: "..name); end end
- Displays all items the player is able to craft in the chat windows.
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added "subheader" skillType and return values indentLevel, showProgressBar, currentRank, maxRank, and startingRank.