Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Get information regarding a world PvP zone (e.g. Wintergrasp or Tol Barad).
pvpID, localizedName, isActive, canQueue, startTime, canEnter, minLevel, maxLevel = GetWorldPVPAreaInfo(index)
- Number - the zone's index, from 1 to GetNumWorldPVPAreas()
- 1 - Wintergrasp
- 2 - Tol Barad
- 3 - Ashran
- pvpID, localizedName, isActive, canQueue, startTime, canEnter, minLevel, maxLevel
- Number - the PvP queue ID for the specified world PvP area
- String - the zone's name, in the current locale
- Boolean - whether a battle is currently taking place in the zone
- Boolean - whether players can currently queue for the next or current battle
- Number - time until the next battle starts, in seconds
- Boolean - whether the player meets the necessary requirements to participate in the zone's battle
- Number - minimum character level required to join the battle
- Number - maximum character level allowed
local _, localizedName, _, canQueue, startTime, canEnter = GetWorldPVPAreaInfo(2) if startTime > 0 then print("Cool your jets, " .. localizedName .. " doesn't start for another " .. SecondsToTime(startTime) .. ".") elif canEnter and canQueue then print("Get over to " .. localizedName .. ", quick!") else print("They're fighting over in " .. localizedName .. ". Don't you wish you could join in?") end
-- if the battle hasn't started yet "Cool your jets, Tol Barad doesn't start for another 12:34."
-- if the battle is active and the player can join it "Get over to Tol Barad, quick!"
-- if the battle is active but the player cannot join "They're fighting over in Tol Barad. Don't you wish you could join in?"
- Note that there is some redundancy in the return values. For example, isActive will always be false when startTime is greater than 0.