→ WoW API
Joins the channel with the specified name. A player can be in a maximum of 10 chat channels.
type, name = JoinChannelByName("channelName" [,"password" [,frameID[, hasVoice]]])
- String - The name of the channel to join
- You can't use the "-" character in channelName (patch 1.9)
- String (optional) - The channel password, nil if none.
- Number (optional) - The chat frame ID number to add the channel to. Use Frame:GetID() to retrieve it for chat frame objects.
- Boolean (1/nil) - Enable voice chat for this channel.
- Number - The type of channel. 0 for a undefined channel, 1 for the zone General channel, etc
- String - The name of the channel (Ohklus: seems to be nil for most channels).
local channel_type, channel_name = JoinChannelByName("Mammoth", "thesane", ChatFrame1:GetID(), 1);