Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Joins the channel with the specified name. A player can be in a maximum of 10 chat channels.
type, name = JoinChannelByName(channelName [, password, frameID, hasVoice])
- String - The name of the channel to join
- You can't use the "-" character in channelName (patch 1.9)
- String (optional) - The channel password, nil if none.
- Number (optional) - The chat frame ID number to add the channel to. Use Frame:GetID() to retrieve it for chat frame objects.
- Boolean (1/nil) - Enable voice chat for this channel.
- Number - The type of channel. 0 for a undefined channel, 1 for the zone General channel, etc
- String - The name of the channel (Ohklus: seems to be nil for most channels).
local channel_type, channel_name = JoinChannelByName("Mammoth", "thesane", ChatFrame1:GetID(), 1);