|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 8.3.0 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
Will return information about items in the auction house. There must be a delay of about 0.3 second between regular queries and 15 minutes between getall queries. Use CanSendAuctionQuery() to determine if a query can be done.
QueryAuctionItems("name", minLevel, maxLevel, invTypeIndex, classIndex, subclassIndex, page, isUsable, qualityIndex, getAll, exactMatch )
- (string type, integer type, integer type, integer type, integer type, integer type, integer type, integer type, integer type, boolean type, boolean type)
- A part of the item's name (or the complete name) or "" for no retrenchment. Must be 63 bytes or less.
- Items below this level won't be returned. Either a number or nil for no restrictions.
- Items above this level won't be returned. Either a number or nil for no restrictions.
- Character's slotposition in which the item can be placed in. Can be one of the following values
- 1 - Head slot (INVTYPE_HEAD)
- 2 - Neck slot (INVTYPE_NECK)
- 3 - Shoulder slot (INVTYPE_SHOULDER)
- 4 - Shirt slot (INVTYPE_BODY)
- 5 - Chest slot (INVTYPE_CHEST)
- 6 - Waist slot (INVTYPE_WAIST)
- 7 - Leg slot (INVTYPE_LEGS)
- 8 - Feet slot (INVTYPE_FEET)
- 9 - Wrist slot (INVTYPE_WRIST)
- 10 - Hand slot (INVTYPE_HAND)
- 11 - Finger slot (INVTYPE_FINGER)
- 12 - Trinket slot (INVTYPE_TRINKET)
- 13 - Back slot (INVTYPE_CLOAK)
- 14 - Weapon offhand slot (INVTYPE_HOLDABLE)
- 15 - Weapon mainhand slot (INVTYPE_WEAPONMAINHAND)
- 16 - Robe slot (INVTYPE_ROBE)
- 17 - Tabard slot (INVTYPE_TABARD)
- 18 - Container slot (INVTYPE_BAG)
- 19 - 2handed weapon (takes two slots) (INVTYPE_2HWEAPON)
- 20 - Ranged weapon slot (INVTYPE_RANGED)
- 21 - Shield slot (INVTYPE_SHIELD)
- 22 - Both weapon slots (INVTYPE_WEAPON)
- 0 - no restrictions
- Returns only item in this class. Integer corresponds to the row number of the table returned by GetAuctionItemClasses() or 0 for no restrictions.
- Returns only items in this subclass. Integer corresponds to the row number of the table returned by GetAuctionItemSubClasses(index) or 0 for no restrictions.
- What page in the auctionhouse this shows up. Note that pages start at 0.
- Is useable by the player (1 = true, 0 = no restrictions)
- Can be one of the following values
- 0 - No restriction
- 1 - Common Quality (white) or better
- 2 - Uncommon Quality (green) or better
- 3 - Rare Quality (blue) or better
- 4 - Epic Quality (purple) or better
- Download the ENTIRE auction house as one single page. Only allowed when CanSendAuctionQuery() returns true as its second return (~every 15 minutes). May disconnect people with low bandwidth. Also see notes on client-to-server traffic in GetAuctionItemInfo() (Added in 2.3, though initially disabled. Appears to be enabled as of 2.4)
- exact rather than substring match
QueryAuctionItems("", 10, 19, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 3, 0)
- Finds twink gear! (blue armor between lvl 10 and 19)
- also, the First page is page (0) zero
/script QueryAuctionItems("Nobles", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
- Finds anything on the AH with the word 'Nobles' in it. Useful for hunting down that elusive last and final Darkmoon Card. :)
- Hint: AH window has to be open before you click the macro.
- If name is longer than 63 bytes, you'll be disconnected from the server.
- invTypeIndex does not appear to work for values past 14.
- If any of the entered arguments is of the wrong type, the search assumes a nil value.
- Bug in 4.0.1 GetAll will only return the first 42554 items even if there are more on an auction house. Most servers have less, but some high population realms have more.