→ WoW API
Sets the key used to open the console overlay for the current session.
- String - The character to bind to opening the console overlay, or
nilto disable the console binding.
- The console is only accessible when WoW is started with the "-console" parameter. This function does nothing if the parameter wasn't used.
- The console key is not saved by the WoW client, and will revert to the default ` (backtick) key when WoW is restarted.
- Unlike the SetBinding function, you can only provide the values of keys that represent standard ASCII characters; no modifiers are allowed. For instance,
SetConsoleKey("CTRL-F")won't work, but
SetConsoleKey("F")will. In addition, non-alphabetic keys that require modifiers to access, such as
"!"using ⇧ Shift+1, cannot be used.
- The console key overrides all other key bindings in WoW, regardless of context. This means that if you set it to F, you'll be unable to type the F character in chat until you restart WoW.