→ WoW API
|This is no longer a part of the World of Warcraft API.
Target a player by their name.
- ("name", exactMatch)
- String - The name of the player to target.
- If the user isn't nearby or doesn't exist, and exactMatch isn't set, TargetByName picks the closest match from characters nearby.
- If exactMatch is set, TargetByName can also target party members even if they are out of visible range.
- If there is no close match available then an error message is displayed (Error event?) and the target is left unchanged. There is no return value from this method so the only way to check for success is see what the target ended up as afterwards.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Removed.