Retrieve info about a certain debuff on a certain unit. This is essentially an alias of UnitAura with the "HARMFUL" filter applied.
name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable, nameplateShowPersonal, spellId, canApplyAura, isBossDebuff, nameplateShowAll, timeMod, value1, value2, value3 = UnitDebuff("unit", index or "name"[, "rank"[, "filter"]])
If the second parameter is a string, then the third parameter is the rank (which can be nil)
- Either use:
- unit, index, filter
- unit, name, rank, filter
- UnitDebuff("target", 1) -- First debuff on target
- UnitDebuff("target", 1, "PLAYER") -- First debuff, cast by the player, on the target
- UnitDebuff("player", "Immolate") -- first instance of "Immolate" on the player
- String - The unit you want debuff information for.
- Number - The index of the debuff to retrieve info for. Starts at 1, maximum 40.
- This parameter can be any of "PLAYER", "RAID", "CANCELABLE", "NOT_CANCELABLE". You can also specify several filters separated by a | or space character to chain multiple filters together (e.g. "NOT_CANCELABLE|RAID" or "NOT_CANCELABLE RAID" == un-cancelable debuffs that you can cast on your raid).
- String - The name of the spell or effect of the debuff, or nil if no debuff was found with the specified name or at the specified index. This is the name shown in yellow when you mouse over the icon.
- String - The rank of the spell or effect that caused the debuff. Returns "" if there is no rank.
- String - The identifier of (path and filename to) the indicated debuff, or nil if no debuff
- Number - The number of times the debuff has been applied to the target. Returns 0 for any debuff which doesn't stack. ( Changed in 1.11 ).
- String - The type of the debuff: Magic, Disease, Poison, Curse, or nothing for those with out a type.
- Number - The full duration of the debuff in seconds; nil if the debuff was not cast by the player.
- Number - Time at which the debuff expires (GetTime() as a reference frame).
- String - unitId reference to the unit that cast the buff/debuff.
- Boolean - true if it is sealable
- Boolean - true if the buff should be shown on the player/pet/vehicle nameplate
- Number - spell ID of the aura.
- Boolean - true if the player can apply the aura (not necessarily if the player did apply the aura, just if the player can apply the aura).
- Boolean - true if the aura was cast by a boss.
- Boolean - true if the buff should be shown on nameplates
- Number - scaling factor for displaying time left
- Number - Value of variable effect 1 of the aura. (HoTs, resource-capturing trinkets, etc.)
- Number - Value of variable effect 2 of the aura. (HoTs, resource-capturing trinkets, etc.) - Malkorok's shield value (for all versions of the debuff), and Tortus' heroic's shield value.
- Number - Value of variable effect 3 of the aura. (HoTs, resource-capturing trinkets, etc.) - Norushen's Corruption debuff power value for example.
Retrieves the name, rank and icon texture of the first debuff on the player's pet:
name, rank, texture = UnitDebuff("pet", 1);
Or to obtain Malkorok's barrier value then:
local unit = "player" local barriervalue = select(17,UnitDebuff(unit,"Strong Ancient Barrier")) or 0 if barriervalue==0 then barriervalue = select(17,UnitDebuff(unit,"Ancient Barrier")) or 0 end if barriervalue==0 then barriervalue = select(17,UnitDebuff(unit,"Weak Ancient Barrier")) or 0 end
Macro to print a list of the target's debuffs:
/run for i=1,40 do local D= UnitDebuff("target",i); if D then print(i.."="..D) end end
- UnitDebuff and other UnitAura-based queries may not be accurate immediately after casting a spells that applies an aura to its target.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added return values "nameplateShowAll" and "timeMod"; changed "shouldConsolidate" to "nameplateShowPersonal".
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Re-added the return values "canApplyAura" and "isBossDebuff" and added return values value[1-3].
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed the return values "canApplyAura" and "isBossDebuff".
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added shouldConsolidate and spellId.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Changed "isMine" to "unitCaster". It is now possible for addons to retrieve the unitId that cast the buff/debuff.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Changed this into an alias of UnitAura; durations are now available for all debuffs.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Introduced duration and timeLeft return values.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Introduced name and rank return values and extended the maximum number of debuffs to 40 (from 16).
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Introduced the removable argument.