Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Get the name of the faction (Horde/Alliance) a unit belongs to.
englishFaction, localizedFaction = UnitFactionGroup("unit")
- String (unitId) - unit you want to get the faction for.
- String - Unit's faction name in English, i.e. "Alliance", "Horde", "Neutral" or nil.
- String - Unit's faction name in the client's locale or nil.
- The functon returns correct results after the PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event.
- Note that for NPCs, the function will only return Alliance/Horde for factions closely allied with either side. Goblins, for instance, return
- Pandaren player characters on the Wandering Isle return "Neutral", "".