Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Returns 1 if the unit is a player in your party, nil otherwise.
inParty = UnitInParty("unit")
- String - unitId who should be checked
- Boolean - if the unit is in your party
if UnitInParty("target") then print("Your target is in your party.") else print("Your target is not in your party.") end
- Pets are not considered to be part of your party (but see UnitPlayerOrPetInParty).
- Battleground raid/party members are also not considered to be part of your party.
- UnitInParty("player") returns nil when you are not in a party.
As of 2.0.3, UnitInParty("player") always returns 1, even when you are not in a party. UnitInParty("player") should return nil. (since patch 1.11.2, always returned 1 before)
- Use GetNumPartyMembers and GetNumRaidMembers to determine if you are in a party or raid.