We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Determine the reaction of the specified unit to the other specified unit.
reaction = UnitReaction("unit", "otherUnit");
- Number - the level of the reaction of unit towards otherUnit - this is a number between 1 and 8.
- Values other than 2, 4 or 5 are only returned when the first unit is an NPC in a reputation faction and the second is you or your pet.
- This works even with factions that aren't listed in the reputation tab of your character window or Armory profile.
- When you're Horde, the reaction of Alliance reputation-faction NPCs to you and your pet is 1. The same is true of Horde NPCs if you're Alliance.
- Reaction of and to a pet is the same as for its owner.
- This doesn't change when a mob becomes aggressive towards a player. I ad to use the negative result of API UnitIsFriend.
- Does not work across continents (or zones?)! If you query UnitReaction for a raid (or party)-member across continents, it won't return the correct value (I guess it returns nil, but I have yet to confirm that). I think it only returns correct values for units that are in 'inspect-range'.
- In Blizzard Code, UnitReaction is only used between the player and a Non Player Controlled target.