A Celestial Experience (Alliance)
87 (Requires 87)
This quest requires players to complete three short combat challenges to earn the right to pass through the Gate of the August Celestials. No travel is required. A great deal of NPC dialogue occurs during this quest, primarily between Xuen, Anduin Wrynn, and Taran Zhu, highlighting the conflicts between the Pandaren, Horde, and Alliance.
Speak to Xuen and pass his tests.
- Speak to Xuen
- Pass the First Test
- Pass the Second Test
- Pass the Third Test
<Anduin shakes his head.>
Maybe you can help me make my case. Speak to the White Tiger on our behlalf. Be careful! He may set a number of challenges before you...
Are you finished with the White Tiger's tasks?
You did it, <name>!
The White Tiger has agreed to allow us to accompany the Pandaren into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. An Alliance outpost is already set up within. Now, the hard work of cleaning up the damage can begin!
- 129000 XP
Speaking with Xuen begins a chain of dialogue and combat trials.
- Xuen says: Ah, another stranger from beyond the mists.
- Taran Zhu says: Soon they will overwhelm this continent! Where do we draw the line?
- Anduin Wrynn says: We're here to lend our aid. We can help you rebuild the Vale.
- Taran Zhu says: We have witnessed your "help" in the Jade Forest. This "Horde", this "Alliance" of yours - you have no control over your own nature. You leave misery in your wake.
- Xuen says: Ten thousand years ago, the last Pandaren Emperor came seeking my advice. He, too, was filled with conflict. Let us see if you are correct, Taran. Let us see how this stranger deals with the turmoil of the soul.
- The adventurer is pulled to the south side of the room as a sha in the form of the Spirit of Violence appears out of the ground, morphing into the shape of the adventurer before attacking.
- Taran Zhu says: Violence. See? They are filled with it.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Yes... we are fighters. But we come from a violent land. We fought off demons, we fought off death, we even fought against the very end of the world!
- Zhi the Harmonious says: It is true. They are strong. There is much they can teach us.
The Spirit of Violence is a level 87 non-elite sha. It has the following abilities:
- Sha Corruption 50 yd range — Inflicts 10% of the target's maximum health in Shadow damage every 1 sec to all enemies in a 3 yard radius 3 sec cast. Drops a void zone on the ground that ticks every second. (5 sec cooldown)
- Hated Blast 40 yd range — Deals 500% weapon damage as Shadow damage. 3 sec cast. Interruptible. Hits for 25,000 Shadow. (5 sec cooldown)
Anduin will toss a Flash Heal to bring the adventurer to full health upon the sha's defeat.
- Xuen says: We can agree it is noble to fight for a righteous cause: to defend home or family. But what of vengeance? What of anger? I sense these emotions run deep in this one.
- The adventurer is pulled back to the starting location as the Spirit of Anger appears, again taking the form of the player.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Anger is a part of us all, yes. But we value control. The orcs were once driven solely by anger - they lived in a state of bloodlust - but they conquered it.
- Taran Zhu says: All you seek to conquer is each other!
- Zhi the Harmonious says: To live without anger is to not live at all. It is ours to overcome. In defeating our anger, we draw great strength.
The Spirit of Anger is a level 87 non-elite sha. It has the following ability in addition to those of the Spirit of Violence:
- Devastation 6 yd range — Inflicts 35% of the target's max health to enemies within a semi-circle in front of the caster. 4 sec cast. The area of effect is marked on the ground. (5 sec cooldown)
Anduin will again bring the adventurer to full health to start the last phase.
- Xuen says: Well spoken, Zhi. The strangers from beyond the mists have no shortage of passions, but let us see if they indeed control them. Beyond anger lies hatred, the wellspring of all misery. What is this? Your hatred has a face!
- Finally spawns the Spirit of Hatred, who takes the form of Garrosh Hellscream.
- Anduin Wrynn says: That... that looks just like Garrosh Hellscream!
- Taran Zhu says: See? See how these outsiders hate one another! They wear their hatred to battle and carry it to their graves!
- Anduin Wrynn says: No, that's not true - there is so much more to us than this!
- Zhi the Harmonious says: How interesting. They bring much to our land, but they also bring the shadow of war.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Peace will come. I swear it. And old hatreds will go away. You have to believe me.
The Spirit of Hatred is a level 87 non-elite sha. In addition to the abilities of the previous two sha, it has the following:
- Whirlwind of Anger — Spin rapidly in a circle, inflicting Physical damage around the caster and rendering them immune to roots and snares for 5 sec. 3 sec cast. Triggers... (8 sec cooldown)
- Whirlwind of Anger — Inflicts 15% of the target's maximum health as Physical damage in a 7 yard radius around the caster.
After its defeat, the last of the dialogue is spoken and the quest is complete.
- Xuen says: Well, this one has indeed proven mastery over anger. Between the young cub's words and the actions of this hero, I think I understand. Those from beyond the mists are hardened by battle. They are scarred, yes, but they have learned much. I trust them.
- Taran Zhu says: You are making a terrible mistake!
- Taran Zhu leaves, walking for the exit.
- Xuen says: It is decided. The Vale of Eternal Blossoms shall remain open. The transgressions of the outsiders have been great... but I see in them the capability to right what has been wronged.
- Anduin kneels in respect.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Thank you, Master White Tiger. You will see. I believe that my people - and the Horde - are essentially good.
- Xuen says: I will consult the others. Meet me at the gates.
- Dezco chuckles.
- Sunwalker Dezco says: I find your faith inspiring, little one. But I wonder if you have ever met our warchief?
- The quest description originally said "after what happened in the Jade Forest" instead of "after all that's happened."
- Anduin's quote was originally:
- Anduin Wrynn says: We're here to lend our aid. We can help protect the Vale.
- The completion text originally implied the Shrine of Seven Stars had not yet been occupied: "We can set up an Alliance outpost in there to act as our embassy with the pandaren." It also did not refer to any damage to clean up.
- Xuen's line beginning, "It is decided", was originally:
- Xuen says: It is decided. I will open the gates. The Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be open for all.