A Falling Star
100 - 110 (Requires 98)
Find the Mysterious Lightbound Object.
- Take Khadgar's Gryphon to Suramar
- Search the Crash Site
- Investigate the Cave
- <Khadgar ponders the information that you brought to him.>
- You say that it cut a swathe through the Felstorm and was emanating power enough that your scout could feel it coursing through their body?
- Something that powerful could prove to be a potent weapon against the Burning Legion!
- I will inform the other order leaders of your discovery while you investigate the matter further! A gryphon awaits your command at Krasus' Landing! Light guide you.
- <Title> <name>, thank you for coming. I have a matter of some urgency that requires your unique talents.
- The Order of the Silver Hand have reported that an extraordinarily luminescent object has emerged from the Felstorm and is currently falling towards the coast of Suramar. What I find most curious about this occurrence is that the object was reported as having "cut a swath" through the Felstorm itself.
- Will you investigate? There is a gryphon awaiting your arrival at Krasus' Landing.
Show me what you've found.
Most curious indeed! This is no object of the Legion's making. Let me have a closer look.
- 14800 XP
- Are you ready to fly? You'll have our fastest mount.
I'm ready to go to Suramar.
- Aludane Whitecloud says: Be on guard, <sir/ma'am>! Suramar is a dangerous place.
- Archmage Khadgar says: Keep your wits about you, <name>. If we noticed the object shooting out from the Felstorm, so too did the Legion.
- Archmage Khadgar says: Look there, to the north, <name>! Gaze upon the Nighthold of Suramar! What secrets are kept inside?
Upon approaching Azuregale Bay:
- Archmage Khadgar says: Amazing! Ancient Highborne ruins litter the landscape. And there along the coast, it looks to be a vrykul settlement! Fascinating.
The gryphon stops over Azuregale Bay.
- Archmage Khadgar says: There it is! Land at the shoreline and investigate!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Somewhere in those murky waters is our mysterious object. Time to get your feet wet, <name>.
The gryphon lands on the coast of a small island. The nearby Jandvik Banner is not related to the quest. Don't touch it unless you want to fight a level 110 vignette mob at level 101 or so. Instead, go into the water and swim to the quest marker at .
- Archmage Khadgar says: It’s not here. Those beasts must have dragged it into the cave. The search continues!
Follow the next quest marker and swim into the nearby underwater cave, whose entrance can be found at Yorg Murkmouth <King of the Shiny Things> is sleeping inside..
- Archmage Khadgar says: There it is! The giant is holding it! There’s only one way to separate a giant from its treasure. You know what to do, <name>.
Upon attacking Yorg:
- Yorg Murkmouth says: LANDBORN FILTH! THIEVES! I WILL LEAVE YOU AS A SMUDGE IN MY LAIR!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Excellent! Hurry back to Dalaran and meet me in the Chamber of the Guardian. Safe return, <title>.
Upon turning in the quest, a cinematic plays.
- A shining silhouette of a human male appears before Khadgar.
- Image: Azeroth ... I pray that this, the final plea of the Army of the Light, has reached you intact. The thousand years' war has reached its peak, but the nightmare is far from over. This vessel represents our ultimate sacrifice. It must reach the prophet. He ... is the key. None of us asked for this burden, but it is what fate has deemed. Succeed, and the light may yet endure. Fail, and all worlds ... will burn.
- The image disappears.
- Archmage Khadgar: We will not fail, Turalyon.
After unlocking the first two Class Hall champions:
- (paladin only)
- (requires level 110)
- (requires Artifact Knowledge level 2)
- (requires Artifact Knowledge level 5)
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.