A Hidden Message
85 (Requires 85)
This rogue-only quest is the second part of the chain to obtain the legendary dagger set Fangs of the Father. It is a courier quest, sending the rogue to aid the red dragonflight in the Twilight Highlands.
Charge your Cryptomancer's Decoder Ring and use it to decode the Corastrasza's Singed Cipher.
- Decoder Ring Charged
- Acquire the
Corastrasza, currently stationed at the Vermillion Redoubt in the Twilight Highlands, has intercepted a coded message of grave importance. I'll let her explain the full situation, but we need your expertise to unravel the cipher!
Take your decoder ring to an ethereal thaumaturge in your capital city - he should know how to charge it. Acquire the encoded cipher from Corastrasza and use the ring to decode it for her. Hurry! Time is ticking...
I was hoping Lord Afrasastrasz would find us a competent rogue.
What have you got for us, <name>? Do you have a means of decrypting the message?
What would they want with a dragon egg? More importantly, how did they find out about it?
We're going to need some answers, <name>!
Take the to a capital city to pay the ethereal 10,000 gold for the and wait 12 hours to charge it up in to the . Then head to the Twilight Highlands and fly to the Vermillion Redoubt. There, Corastrasza has relocated from her previous location at Coldarra in Borean Tundra. Interact with her, acquire the and use the Charged Decoder Ring on it to create the , then hand that cipher back in to Corastrasza.
At the thaumaturge
- Our ethereal technomancy has the ability to modify an item's arcane essence in ways previously unimaginable. We can also house items in a pocket dimension... for a small fee. See my associates for details.
- Unless you have something for me to examine?
Can you charge my Cryptomancer's Decoder Ring?
- I see... involved in some shady business, <race>? Oh no need to worry - the confidentiality of all transactions is assured.
- This ring you have is a superb piece of work. We can begin the charging process... for a modest fee. Charging the ring will take roughly one half of your world's cycles to complete. In other world, twelve hours.
- Shall we say 10,000 gold? That's fair.
- <Pay the 10,000 gold.>
- Very good, <race>! Remember, your ring will not reach its full charge for many hours.
- Ten thousand? Outrageous! I'll kill you while you sleep!
- Well then.
- It is good that I no longer sleep.
Inspecting the Suspicious Infiltrator:
- <The body has been very badly burned and nearly bitten in half.>
- <The red dragonflight may be the guardians of all life on Azeroth, but clearly they are not to be crossed.>
Talking to Corastrasza:
- Lost. Stolen! This is a terrible blow. Terrible!
- What happened here? What was stolen?
- Are you familiar with the large dragon Rheastrasza? A little off, that one. She often lurked about the Badlands in the form of a mortal goblin.
- Rheastrasza came up with a scheme to steal and purify a black dragon egg, severing its tie with the black dragonflight and the corrupted Earth Warder, Deathwing.
- Of course! I helped her back when I was in the Badlands.
- <Corastrasza does a double-take.>
- You!? YOU helped Rheastrasza? And lived to tell about it?
- I underestimate you, <race>. No wonder Lord Afrasastrasz sent you to me.
- No doubt you remember what happened next: Rheastrasza was killed by Deathwing, but thanks to her sacrifice a single purified black dragon egg was secreted away and hidden.
- What happened to the egg?
- That's why you're here, <name>. The egg was hidden here at the Vermilion Redoubt. Days ago, it disappeared.
- Whoever did it was able to elude our sharpest guards. one of the thieves was killed during the abduction, although now I believe he may have been a diversion - the egg is simply GONE.
- On his corpse we found this note. It remains our only clue, but it is written in a dense code and it MUST be deciphered.
- Lord Afrasastrasz sent me. He said you have a message to decode?
- Acquire the Singed Cipher: 1/1
- Here's what's left of the message we found, <name>. Can you make any sense of it?
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.