A Kingdom's Heart
110 (Requires 110)
Then, one day, he was just... gone.
I wear his crown, I hold his title. But I've done nothing to earn them... or the faith of my people.
I've spent the war sequestered in the keep, surrounded by guards and advisors. I need to walk the streets of Stormwind, to know whether it is hope or fear that beats in the hearts of my people.
I welcome your company.
They're right. They're absolutely right.
- 16,450 XP
The time for prayer is over. I must know the hearts and mind of my people.
I will accompany you to Lion's Rest.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I'll need a disguise to move through the city without attracting attention.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I think I know just the spell. Follow me.
- Anduin's spell causes his clothes to change. Although the cut is basically the same, the materials are now drab brown cloth and leathers, with a hood that hangs low over his eyes.
- Passing the guards
- Royal Guard says: No luck, eh? King Greymane won't be happy, but I'm sure you did your best.
- Exiting cathedral
- Anduin Wrynn says: Stormwind has always been my home. I know its shops and streets as I would do the back of my hand.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Yet even as I walk these familiar steps, I have never felt more lost.
- Listening to Jenny and Roy
- Jenny Winslow says: They brought back my cousin's body from the Broken Shore last week. I expect a lot more to follow.
- Roy Pitts says: At least we're safe here in Stormwind. King Wrynn will keep the city safe.
- Jenny Winslow says: Will he? How exactly will he keep an endless army of demons from invading and killing everyone?
- Anduin Wrynn says: They're right to be afraid. If we fail to stop the Legion on the Broken Shore, the demons will strike us here, at our home and hearth.
- Listening to Dougie and Karyn
- Dougie says: I'm King Anduin! I'm gonna kill every demon I see!
- Karyn says: Don't be Anduin, be Varian! He was way tougher.
- Dougie says: Yeah, my dad says that too. Okay, I'm King Varian. look out, demons!
- Anduin Wrynn says: I can't blame the lad for his choice. My father sacrificed everything to save his people. He was a great king.
- Walking to Lion's Rest
- Anduin Wrynn says: I have not returned to Lion's Rest since my father's memorial was moved here from the keep.
- Anduin Wrynn says: The war has consumed all of my energy and attention. I have not had a moment to grieve.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Since you brought my father's compass back to me, I've prayed to the Light for guidance, and to know his spirit is at rest. The Light doesn't answer.
- Anduin Wrynn says: My people like me, respect me... but they don't believe in me. Not like they believed in him.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I've heard the voice of the people, but how do my father's advisors feel? I fear they do not trust me as they did my father.
- Anduin Wrynn says: I must know. Follow me to the keep.
- Anduin mounts and flies off to the keep.
- Outside the war room
- Anduin is hidden by the left side of the entrance, peaking into the room.
- Anduin Wrynn says: It seems Genn and Velen are speaking about me, but I can't quite make out the words...
- Anduin's advisors heard
- Prophet Velen says: The young king will become a great leader. I have foreseen it.
- Genn Greymane says: Visions don't win wars, Prophet. The boy has a good heart, but he's untested.
- Prophet Velen says: The Light is strong with Anduin. He will grow into his crown. We must have faith.
- Genn Greymane says: We need more than that, and so does he. Anduin wasn't there on the Broken Shore. He hasn't seen the sacrifice his soldiers made... that they continue to make.
- Genn Greymane says: A king must know the weight of the orders he gives--the price of them. If a compass breaks his spirit, how will he respond when the war arrives on our doorstep?
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.