Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
A Little Patience
|A Little Patience|
- 1 Background
- 2 Overview
- 3 Geography
- 4 Stage Guide
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Video
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
- Drive the Horde from the occupied temple of the Red Crane!
The blessed Temple of the Red Crane is the ancestral home of Chi-Ji, the celestial embodiment of hope. From within the temple's ornate halls, the Red Crane wings out to oppose the despair that spread through the murky Krasarang Wilds like a cancer. But, with the recent arrival of Horde occupation forces, the sacred site has become a fortification, and the Crane's servants hostages.
Leaders of the Alliance, foremost among them Varian Wrynn, are divided on how to deal with the problem. To remove the Horde from the temple without needlessly sacrificing Alliance lives, you’ll need to lure them out and take them down with carefully placed traps.
The scenario takes place along the eastern bank of the Krasarang River in Krasarang Wilds. The Horde have holed up in the Temple of the Red Crane, and Tyrande Whisperwind is ready to charge in to root them out. It is up to Varian Wrynn and a group of adventurers to lure the Horde troops out of the temple and kill Commander Scargash. Adventurers are tasked with helping to set up two of five racial traps between the Temple of the Red Crane and Predator's Perch, a hastily-built Alliance camp between the Crane Wing Refuge and the river.
|Crane Wing Refuge - Fallsong Village - Predator's Perch - Temple of the Red Crane|
Stage 1: Prepare the Defenses
Assist the two groups of laborers in the construction of their defenses.
- 2 Defenses constructed
As the scenario begins, a short cutscene introduces the situation:
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: We have them cornered inside the temple. We should strike now!
- King Varian Wrynn says: Things are rarely what they seem, Tyrande. And my son tells me this is a sacred place.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: All the more reason to purify it.
- King Varian Wrynn says: They're defending a fixed position. I'm not going to play their game. We'll draw them out.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: You are wasting precious time.
- King Varian Wrynn says: You three are my eyes and ears. Fan out! Prepare a defense!
- Chi-Ji says: A test! A trial of patience. Will the wolf behave as a warrior... or a King?
There are five racial camps that can build traps: dwarves, gnomes, night elves, jinyu, and pandaren. Interact with any named unit to start construction of a trap. At the trap's location, fan out and help gather supplies by killing mobs or looting objects, then using the looted items back at the trap. The looted items will speed up the pace of construction, which is important, as Varian is only willing to wait for 12 minutes once the first named NPC has been interacted with.
- - looted from Researcher Morian, can be used at the jinjyu site
- - looted from hostile humanoids, can be used at all sites
- - looted from roots next to trees all over the scenario, can be used at the jinyu and pandaren sites
- - found on the ground, used at the pandaren site
- - found on the ground, used at the dwarven and gnomish sites
- - found between Tyrande and Varian, and also near the rest location of all named NPCs, can be used at all sites
- - looted frm various mobs, can be used at the pandaren site
- - looted from beasts, can be used at all sites
- - looted from kegs on the ground, can be used at the pandaren site
- - looted from various mobs, can be used at the gnome site
- - looted from Goremaw, can be turned in at the gnome site
- - looted from water elementals, wakens Master Brownstone, can be used at the pandaren or night elf sites
- - looted from the ground, can be used at the dwarven site
- King Varian Wrynn says: Ready our defenses. They have to come out eventually.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Stand your ground, we'll wait them out.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Get those defenses ready.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Use the terrain to our advantage.
- King Varian Wrynn says: We need to support each other. They'll target any weakness.
- King Varian Wrynn says: We're almost ready. Keep on working!
- King Varian Wrynn says: Force them into bottlenecks. Let them think they can win...
- King Varian Wrynn says: Don't charge in. Let them make the first mistake.
- King Varian Wrynn says: This area is ours. Make them pay for every inch.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Keep working, we'll win on our terms!
- King Varian Wrynn says: Make use of every resource! Leave them nowhere to run!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: We are wasting time. We should move in for the kill!
- King Varian Wrynn says: Patience, Tyrande.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: You are being tentative, Varian. You must be decisive if you wish to lead the Alliance.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Patience, Tyrande. We'll have our victory, but we're not going in unprepared.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Why do we not attack them outright?
- King Varian Wrynn says: I won't throw away Alliance lives. I will accept nothing less than total victory.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: They mock us from within the temple.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Good. That means they're about to break.
Engaging the Horde without construction completion
- King Varian Wrynn yells: Stay back! Don't let them lure you in!
- King Varian Wrynn yells: Stay away from the temple doors you're playing right into their hands.
Duff McStrum can be found found at south of Varian and Tyrande, west of the gnomish camp. The dwarves will set up their trap far to the southeast at , on the path leading from the Ruins of Dojan and the Temple of the Red Crane. On occasion, an elite unit will attack the camp, stopping all progress.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Good sturdy dwarven construction. That ought to do some damage.
Rosey Axlerod can be found at south of Varian and Tyrande, east of the dwarven camp. The gnomes will set up their trap far to the south at on the path leading from the Temple of the Red Crane to Dawnchaser Retreat. On occasion, an elite unit will attack the camp, stopping all progress.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Gnome ingenuity. The Horde won't know what hit them.
Ferra Pearl can be found at southwest of Tyrande and Varian, next to the lake.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Our fortifications are ready.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Good. The plan is coming together.
Elder Adler can be found at across the lake to the west at Fallsong Village. The jinyu trap is constructed at immediately north of the Temple of the Red Crane. Kor'kron Paratroopers will occasionally drop in to interrupt construction.
- King Varian Wrynn says: I see our Jinyu allies are prepared. How go the rest of the preparations?
Master Brownstone can be found at southeast of Tyrande and Varian, asleep at Crane Wing Refuge. The pandaren will set up dragon guns further east at between a small bluff and a tree. The pandaren are prone to falling asleep, but , looted from water spirits, will awaken Master Brownstone.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Excellent work. Lets see what these Pandaren homesteaders are capable of.
Final Stage: Kill Commander Skargash
Defeat Commander Scargash and reclaim the Temple of the Red Crane.
- Defeat Commander Scargash
Once both traps have been constructed, Scargash calls in the paratroopers:
- King Varian Wrynn yells: They're coming. Get behind the defenses!
- Commander Scargash yells: Alliance dogs! Where are your teeth?
- King Varian yells: Come out and count them, coward!
- King Varian yells: There is no army here. Only a handful of heroes stand between you and the King of Stormwind. Are you afraid?
- Commander Scargash yells: Bring up the grunts. Attack!
The grunts will run in and be destroyed by the traps. Ignore them. Head south down to the Temple of the Red Crane at to find two groups of three elites. Take both groups out and Scargash will jump down and become attackable:
- Commander Scargash yells: For the warchief!
Heal up, buff up, then start the attack:
- Commander Scargash yells: Your Alliance is WEAK!
Scargash is a level 90 elite with 7,090,000 health and the following abilities:
- Crushing Leap 40 yd range — Jumps to an enemy's location, inflicting Physical damage to all enemies within 0 yards, knocking them back. Instant. Hits for 26,000-28,000 Physical on plate.
- Blood Rage Melee range — Commander Scargash is filled with rage, causing his melee attacks to inflict addtional Physical damage. 2 sec cast. Uninterruptible. Acts as a fixate and hits for ~40,000 Physical on cloth after successful melee swings. Announced by...
- Commander Scargash yells: I am done with you!
- Commander Scargash is filled with rage! Avoid his melee attacks!
Kite him around when he gains Blood Rage, otherwise he does nothing special.
On victory, Varian, Tyrande, and Chi-Ji run in:
- King Varian Wrynn says: The day is ours! And not a drop of blood was shed on holy ground.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I would have charged right in. Many more lives would have been lost in my rush for victory.
- King Varian Wrynn says: There was a time where I would have done the same. But I've learned a lot over the years. I've fallen for too many of Garrosh's tricks.
- King Varian Wrynn says: From now on, we define the terms of the engagement.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Tyrande, I may not be a politician. But I am a fighter. I know we can win this war.
- King Varian Wrynn says: We just need to stand together. You have to trust me. Know that I will do the right thing. If we act as one, we cannot fail.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I see that now. Our strength is yours to command, High King. May this be the first of many victories.
- Chi-Ji says: A sword is the weapon of a warrior, but patience is the weapon of kings.
- Chi-Ji says: This day brings victory, but more trials lie ahead...
- According to , night elven rangers should have the site surrounded and locked down, yet they are nowhere to be seen.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Horde players can now experience this scenario.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.