A Love Eternal
11 (Requires 8)
Free the spirit of Anaya Dawnrunner and retrieve her pendant.
I would like to extend my gratitude for saving us. I would call myself fortunate, but my beloved, Anaya, lays long dead. I am alone and deeply troubled, and sadly, I require your aid yet again.
Wandering the woods of Darkshore after my rescue, I found myself in the ruins of Bashal'Aran... where I saw the haunted spirit of my beloved.
She must be freed, but I lack the heart to do it. Her spirit must be destroyed.
("Anaya Dawnrunner: For some, letting go is the hardest thing they will ever have to do.")
I somehow avoided being inflicted with the same toxin that the other survivors now endure. I cannot help but be envious of them to a degree though... living an eternity alone seems not worth living at all.
I miss you so much, Anaya.
Thank you, <name>. Perhaps it would have been better... if I had done it myself. But even after these thousands of years, I could not bear to raise my hand against my beloved.
Please, I would be alone with my grief...
The original cutscene ending will sometimes not happen, but will show up in your chat window; Anaya doesn't appear, Cerellean doesn't react to anyone, nor are there any speech bubbles.
The ghost of Anaya Dawnrunner appears beside Cerellean Whiteclaw.
- Cerellean Whiteclaw says: Anaya...? Do my eyes deceive me? Is it really you?
- Anaya says: The ages have been cruel to you and I, my love, but be assured, it is, and at long last we are reunited.
- Cerellean Whiteclaw says: That the fates should be so cruel as to permit us only this after a thousand years apart...
- Cerellean Whiteclaw says: Do you hate me, my love? That I was forced to destroy your living form, that your spirit be released from unhappy bondage.
- Anaya says: Let it not trouble your heart, beloved. You have freed me from slavery, and for that I love you all the more.
- Anaya says: Sadly, even this must be cut short... The ties that bind me to this world weaken, and pull me away...
- Cerellean Whiteclaw says: No! Anaya... Anaya! Don't leave me! Please...
- Anaya says: Farewell, Cerellean, until we are joined once again...
The ghost fades away.
- Anaya's soft voice trails away into the mists, "Know that I love you always..."
- Cerellean Whiteclaw says: How, my love? How will I find the strength to face the ages of the world without you by my side...
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.