A Mage's Weapon
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
1,500 (at level 100)
Use the Appendix of Azerothian Artifacts to choose an artifact to pursue.
- Artifact chosen
It is decided, then.
The foundation of the Tirisgarde's strength lies in the ancient artifacts wielded by its champions. Your first task will be to retrieve one such artifact.
The master appendix of this library lists every artifact known to the Council of Tirisfal. There should be a few choices in there worth looking into.
I will leave it to you to choose which to pursue.
You will receive:
I will wait until you have made your choice.
This is a wise choice.
It should serve you well in our hunt for Kathra'natir.
On the small platform behind Meryl and Alodi is the Appendix of Azerothian Artifacts; interact with it to bring up the choice interface. Players should pick the artifact for the spec they wish to level to 110, as it will be some time before the others can be acquired.
- Aluneth was most notable wielded for a time by Aegwynn, the only female Guardian of Tirisfal, although stories indicate that it is far older than she.
- Toward the end of Aegwynn's life, she entrusted the staff to the Kirin Tor. Deeming the staff too dangerous to use, the Kirin Tor locked it away in a secret vault, where it remains still.
- "Flamestrike" in its native tongue, Felo'melorn was borne into battle by members of the Sunstrider family as they proved their valor in the War of the Ancients, during the Troll Wars, and against the death knight Arthas Menethil.
- Ultimately, the sword was lost in the frigid wastes of Northrend.
- This greatstaff was wielded by Alodi, the first Guardian of Tirisfal. He bore the staff into many battles against Legion forces for the century in which he served as Guardian.
- Shortly after Alodi stepped down as Guardian, he disappeared with the staff. No one knows where Alodi or the staff ended up, except perhaps Alodi himself.
Meryl has this gossip text:
- The dreadlord Kathra'natir is defeated, but only for now. If we wish to save Azeroth from his evil, we must reform the Tirisgarde.
- Then we can hunt him down in the Twisting Nether before he has a chance to recover and share his secrets with the Burning Legion.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.