A Signal in Storm Peaks
The First Squadron Prototypes on their way to the Storm Peaks
|End||Cog Captain Winklespring|
|Level||120 (Requires 120)|
Fly with your squadron to Storm Peaks.
- Jump in the First Squadron Prototype
- Reach the signal point
It looks like the signal is being transmitted from Storm Peaks.
Time to put these flying machines to work! I'll keep tracking the signal en route in order to get a cleaner read.
You will receive:
- 11 70
- 8,950 XP
Need something, Commander?
I've set up a cloaking device that will cover our current location. We should be safe for now.
Interact with one of the First Squadron Prototype to enter it. The machines automatically lift off and head toward the northeast. Winklespring pilots one of the prototypes while Fizzi Tinkerbow handles the other, with the player character and Emaedi Autoblast as respective passengers.
- Fizzi Tinkerbow says: All systems ready! Let's fly!
- Cog Captain Winklespring says: Sparkspanner always was an odd one... Can't imagine what he has planned.
- Suddenly, Sparkspanner's voice is heard.
- Telzo Sparkspanner says: Imagine no longer, simpleton! I am more than willing to tell you how you and your little crew will meet your demise.
- Cog Captain Winklespring says: Sparkspanner! So you did survive Gnomeregan!
- Telzo Sparkspanner says: Did you really think that I, the great Thermaplugg's second-in-command, would die in a scheme I helped engineer?
- Cog Captain Winklespring says: You WHAT? What could you possibly have hoped to accomplish?
- Telzo Sparkspanner says: Recognition! And what did we get? A fool of a gnome sweeping in and reaping the rewards of all our work.
- Telzo Sparkspanner says: All those who followed Mekkatorque must pay! With my army of troggs, I will decimate all of gnomanity.
You don't have to actually watch the entire journey to Storm Peaks: shortly after the flying machines enter Dragonblight's Coldwind Pass, a loading screen appears and the planes arrive at the southern end of the Foot Steppes.
- Fizzi Tinkerbow says: Commander! The signal tracker is going haywire! I'll need some time to recalibrate it.
- Cog Captain Winklespring says: Find a safe spot to land! We'll cover you while you adjust the device.
The planes circle around the Engine of the Makers before landing on a collapsed bridge segment near the southwestern corner of the steppes. Here Winklespring has set up a Gnomish Cloaking Device, creating a cloaking field for the members of G.E.A.R., the First Squadron Prototypes, and a Shrinkified Assault Tank. Talk to Winklespring to turn in.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.