A Taste of Iron
90 (Requires 90)
Enter the Worldbreaker Side Turret and destroy 200 Iron Horde troops.
- Enter the Worldbreaker Side Turret
- Iron Horde slain x200
- Press the Main Cannon Trigger
The way I see it, there's two ways to keep this tank from going through the portal: break the tank, or USE the dang tank ta' BLOW UP the dang portal.
I can get 'er workin', I just need time. Hop in that turret off the starboard bow and keep 'em off my back.
You will receive:
Almost there, <name>.
Takin' away Gul'dan was one thing, but blowin' up the whole damned portal? That's my kind of solution.
Now, I think we'd better get out of here before that army gets to us.
Start the quest and bedlam reigns:
- Thaelin Darkanvil yells: Orcs off the starboard bow!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Looks like we arrived just in time.
- Thaelin Darkanvil says: Hop inta that turret and keep 'em away!
- Thaelin Darkanvil says: I'll see if I can get this thing goin'. Khadgar, buy me some time!
- Archmage Khadgar says: We will do what we can, Thaelin.
- Archmage Khadgar says: <Name>, keep these orcs off of us!
Use the vehicle UI to blow up anything that moves. At first blood:
- Hansel Heavyhands yells: Ahh ha ha haaa! Nice shot!
At 25 kills:
- Yrel yells: Tank coming over the rise! Look out!
- Thaelin Darkanvil says: These controls don't make SENSE. Remind me never ta drive a tank built by an orc.
An Iron Horde Obliterator starts attacking - take it out before going back to the footsoldiers. At 40, two tanks appear:
- Thrall yells: Hold strong, everyone. Here they come!
- Hansel Heavyhands yells: They're bringin' up explosives! <Name>, destroy those carts before they get close!
Hitting a cart will kill just about everything within 20 yards, drastically inflating the kill count. At around 120:
- Vindicator Maraad says: There's so many of them...
- Farseer Drek'Thar yells: Don't you give up yet, paladin.
- Drek'Thar casts .
- Thaelin Darkanvil says: That's it! I've got 'er runnin'! Let's finish this.
Run up to Thaelin and press the Main Cannon Trigger.
A cutscene takes place.
- The cannon fires and successfully destroys the Dark Portal. All the Warlords (excluding Gul'dan) appear at a high peak. Their leader comes from behind them.
- Grommash Hellscream: Are you so eager to meet death? Look then upon the countless faces of your demise.
- Grommash Hellscream: Rise up, Iron Horde! Bring your warchief their heads.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.