A Timeless Discovery
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
90 (Requires 90)
+25 The Black Prince
The main quests in this patch take place on the Timeless Isle, but both of them can be completed in roughly an hour!
Pandaria. Just when I think I've gotten its mysteries figured out, I discover something new.
It's called "The Timeless Isle." Once hidden in the mists, it appears and disappears seemingly of its own will. I've heard that time has no meaning there, that the sun neither rises nor sets.
We can take advantage of this anomaly, <name>! If I could time-lock your cloak, the power it could contain would be... immense.
Our path is clear. Fly southeast of the Jade Forest and meet me at the Timeless Isle!
You're here! How long have I been waiting for you?
<Wrathion appears momentarily confused.>
I feel like I just arrived... but maybe I've been here for weeks... This island plays with one's head.
- Wrathion says: An opportunity presents itself! I believe the Timeless Isle holds the key to unlocking the full potential of your cloak.
- Wrathion says: Power! Glory! Loot!
- Wrathion says: ...Ours for the taking! Hero, meet me at the Timeless Isle.
- Wrathion transforms into his whelp form and flies off.
Get there. If this is the first time heading to the isle, check for a letter from one of the Timewalkers, as it contains a , which will teleport players there instantly. Otherwise, take the flight path or fly southeast past the Jade Forest to reach the Timeless Isle. Wrathion's at the Celestial Court in the center of the zone, sharing a table with Anduin Wrynn, Lorewalker Cho, and Kairoz.
On completion, Wrathion introduces the player to Kairoz:
- Wrathion says: Kairoz! I want you to meet one of my most accomplished of agents.
- Kairoz says: A pleasure.
- Wrathion says: Tell us again why this island is so unique?
- Kairoz says: We do not know! That is precisely why I am here.
- Kairoz says: Time is frozen in this place. The island teems with life, yet somehow never changes.
- Kairoz says: Until recently this place was lost in the mists. Those few inhabitants who found themselves stranded here were forced to mint their own currency, immune to time distortion. It is the only way trade is possible.
- Wrathion says: I would very much like to study such unique items.
- Kairoz says: As would I! The presence of the Timeless Isle is proof that many things are possible beyond the boundaries of linear thinking.
- Wrathion says: Oh?
- Kairoz says: Indeed. After the Cataclysm, my flight's connection to the timeways forever changed.
- Kairoz says: What if it were possible to shape and mold time as you would a ball of clay? What possibilities await? What new worlds could we create?
- Wrathion says: ...I like the way you think!
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar