A Visit with Lorewalker Cho
86 (Requires 85)
Befriend Lorewalker Cho by assisting him around his house: Trim his tree, paint his wall, and feed his birds.
- Trim the Tree
- Paint the Wall
- Feed the Birds
Stranger, I may be able to help you find your prince. But first, I would like to know a little more about you and your people.
Come, help me with my chores, and we will chat.
There is nothing like a little manual labor to bring strangers together, don't you think?
Despite your many years of combat, you've still got an eye for beauty, <name>. I like that about you!
Now, let's find this missing prince of yours.
- 83000 XP
- Cho walks straight forward and down to the left.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Walk with me, and let us learn from one another. Are your people fond of gardening?
- Lorewalker Cho hands you a pair of shears and motions toward a large, unkempt tree.
Interact with the Shapeless Tree.
- Lorewalker Cho says: That's it, delicate cuts. Let the tree decide.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Some take their knives and lop away anything that displeases them, but this would kill the entire tree. That is not the Pandaren way.
- The tree is trimmed into a spiraling topiary.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Well now! Who knew such a beautiful thing was hiding here? I can see that this "Alliance" of yours cuts with precision in order to change the world around you. Interesting.
- Cho starts walking to the northeast toward the wall.
Follow him as he talks:
- Lorewalker Cho says: I am a "Lorewalker" - a historian of sorts for my people. My instrument is the spoken word.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Sadly, my - ah - artistic talents are somewhat lacking. What would YOU do to decorate my wall here?
- The Lorewalker stops in front of a painting of the yellow brick road leading to the Emerald City.
Interact with Cho's "Art":
- The Lorewalker's art lacks both subtlety and technical expertise. Perhaps you can do better?
- The player chooses a subject and starts painting.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Don't say a word. Allow your image to speak. We pandaren prize beauty, and we find it all around us:
- Lorewalker Cho says: In the curves of a tree, the colors of a sunrise, even in the perfect physical form of a warrior's exquisite swordwork.
- <Paint a Portrait of Prince Anduin.>
- Lorewalker Cho says: Who is this? A prince, you say? A child. Ah, but he has had no childhood - you can see it in his eyes.
- Lorewalker Cho says: I can see your people expect great things, even from your young.
- <Paint something abstract.>
- Lorewalker Cho says: What have we here? Fields of red and blue, violently clashing in a green land.
- Lorewalker Cho says: What could it mean? I can see a lot of turmoil in your heart, my new friend.
- <Paint something heroic.>
- Lorewalker Cho says: I see - one of your great Alliance warriors, is it? You have chosen a lion as your crest.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Your people are both stout and ferocious. But always remember, the lion kills only when hungry.
Follow Cho as he walks across to the south:
- Lorewalker Cho says: My errands are almost complete. Come, visit my collection of exotic birds. You may have the honor of feeding them.
- He stops in front of a barrel of bird feed.
Interact with the Bird Feed:
- Lorewalker Cho says: Here they come, yes, yes. You see how easy it is to make friends here?
- A handful of Exotic Pet Cranes approach as the adventurer spreads feed.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Please remember that not all of your allies in Pandaria will be won over by sword point.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Well, my birds have taken a liking to you. I will follow their lead.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Welcome, my new Alliance friend! How can I be of service?
The following option was removed during the beta. The sound file itself is still within the game code:
- <Paint something sexy.>
- Lorewalker Cho says: Ah! Haha - I can see now what your Alliance fights for.
- Lorewalker Cho says: I prefer a little more meat on my birds, of course, but I can see that your people and mine are not so different after all.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.