A Weather Eye
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
+75 Order of Embers
It would be wise to get a lay of the land before we put together a plan of action.
Inquisitor Notley is an expert falconer, and a reliable scout. He utilizes an ancient relic to see through the eyes of his falcon, allowing him to survey great distances.
Unfortunately, Notley was injured during the fighting. Nothing serious, but it's left him unable to concentrate enough to control his falcon.
Perhaps you could help?
You will receive:
What news do you bring?
It is good to know that there are still some left to save in Corlain.
We should focus our attention on them until we can devise a plan to bypass that barrier.
I'll make sure to get this whistle back to Notley. Thank you, <class>.
Notley and Mace are out back:
- Inquisitor Mace says: Will you hold still!? I need to make this tight!
- Inquisitor Notley says: I'm trying! It would be easier if you weren't attempting to rip my arm off!
Speak with Notley:
- Oh, hello <class>.
- Don't worry about this, it's just a minor wound. That is, unless Mace turns it into a major one with her "first aid."
- What can I do for you?
I need your help scouting the surrounding area.
- I'm afraid I'm a little indisposed at the moment, though I suppose I could let you borrow Winston for a spell.
- Here, take this whistle. It will allow you to directly control him. Be careful, though. If Winston gets too stressed, it will break the connection. Try to steer clear of any possessed falcons or crossbowmen.
- Good luck... oh, and <name>, please try not to kill my bird.
Interact with Winston to start. Winston is always moving forward, so try to steer away from enemies.
- Inquisitor Notley says: Well done! Now the path to Waycrest Manor runs through Upper Corlain. We should check that out first.
Fly northwest to Upper Corlain:
- Inquisitor Notley says: So they've put up a barrier, eh? I can't say I'm surprised, but that will prove problematic.
- Inquisitor Notley says: Why don't we do a flyover of the town proper. Be sure to come in low enough that we can get a good look.
- Inquisitor Notley says: They're rounding up the townspeople? That must mean that they're not completely under the coven's spell!
- Inquisitor Notley says: Maybe there are more survivors out there!
- Inquisitor Notley says: Before we return, there's one last place we should check. There's an armory right over the hill. Let's see if anyone's home.
At the armory:
- Inquisitor Notley says: The blacksmith is alive? We're in luck! Though we'd better get to him quickly.
- Inquisitor Notley says: Hurry back! We need to let Marshal Reade know what we saw. I'm sure he'll have a strategy in mind!
- Inquisitor Notley says: Thank you for returning Winston to me in one piece. I'm sure Reade will be interested in what you saw out there.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.