|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
- This item's casting time was affected by the talents and .
- Back when soul shards were an actual inventory item requiring cast on a dying creature, this trinket was incredibly handy. It could even be used to create free shards by summoning the voidwalker and then telling it to stay. Once the warlock walked far enough away the voidwalker would despawn and a soulshard would be refunded to inventory, which could be used for any purpose.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The Abyss Shard has been changed to grant a passive 15 stamina bonus, but no longer removes the soul shard requirement from casting a voidwalker.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Added.